Aviva takes preliminary step in proposed initial public offering of its turkish life and pensions joint venture
Aviva plc (“Aviva”) and Hacı Ömer Sabancı Holding A.S. (“Sabanci”) are assessing a potential initial public offering of a minority stake (up to 20%) in their life and pensions business AvivaSA Emeklilik ve Hayat A.S. (“AvivaSA”). As part of the process, AvivaSA has today submitted a Turkish-language prospectus (“Izahname”) to the Turkish Capital Markets Board for review, in accordance with Turkish regulation.
The potential initial public offering is part of Aviva’s and Sabanci’s strategy for AvivaSA, one of Aviva’s growth businesses and one of Turkey’s largest private pensions providers. AvivaSA provides life and pensions products to over two million customers. Its distribution network includes a bancassurance agreement with Akbank, one of the largest private banks in Turkey, and a fully-owned direct sales force, the largest in the country. AvivaSA’s net asset value was £96.4m at 30 June 2014. Aviva currently holds 49.8% stake in AvivaSA.
Aviva partners in Turkey with Sabanci, one of the country’s largest business groups, with interests in fast-growing sectors such as financial services, energy, cement, retail and industry. Sabancı Holding is listed on the Istanbul Stock Exchange (Borsa İstanbul) and has controlling interests in 10 other listed companies.
The proposed offering is subject to important conditions, including market conditions and the approval of the shareholders and the Turkish Capital Markets Board, and there can be no assurance as to if or when the proposed offering may be launched or completed or as to the actual size or terms of the offering.
Notes to editors:
- AvivaSA has filed today with the Turkish Capital Market Boards a preliminary Turkish-language IPO prospectus, which will be available on AvivaSA’s website in the next 5 business days (www.avivasa.com.tr). This filing and publication are in line with capital market regulations in Turkey. This preliminary prospectus has been filed and made available solely for the purpose of obtaining mandatory regulatory approvals and does not constitute an offer to any person in any jurisdiction to buy shares in AvivaSA nor does it constitute an invitation to any person in any jurisdiction to offer to buy shares in AvivaSA. No reliance should be placed by any person on the content of this preliminary IPO prospectus in making any investment decision in relation to any securities issued or to be issued by AvivaSA. AvivaSA and its shareholders shall have no liability whatsoever for any act or omission of any person resulting from the content of the preliminary IPO prospectus
- Aviva provides 31 million customers with insurance, savings and investment products.
- We are one of the UK’s leading insurers and one of Europe’s leading providers of life and general insurance.
- We combine strong life insurance, general insurance and asset management businesses under one powerful brand.
- We are committed to serving our customers well in order to build a stronger, sustainable business, which makes a positive contribution to society, and for which our people are proud to work.
- The Aviva media centre at www.aviva.com/media/ includes images, company and product information and a news release archive
- For an interactive introduction to what we do and how we do it, please click here http://www.aviva.com/library/reports/this-is-aviva/
- For broadcast-standard video, please visit http://www.aviva.com/media/video/
- Follow us on twitter: www.twitter.com/avivaplc/
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.