Science Learning Comes to Your Fingertips as Function Space Launches New Beautifully Designed iOS App Covering Thousands of Topics, Introduces Powerful New Computational Engine on Website
Today, Function Space , the most comprehensive social learning network for science, is announcing the launch of its iOS app. The free app grants users access to the discussion-based community from anywhere on the globe, putting the power of knowledge right in your pocket.
To download the free app, please visit: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/function-space-learn-discuss/id905683229?ls=1&mt=8
Online learning is fragmented. Sites offer discussion, problem solving or general education through lectures and news, but never together on the same platform. Function Space , for the first time ever, is bringing together these compartmentalized facets of learning into a unified online community for knowledge-hungry science enthusiasts.
The site provides an expansive learning experience that encompasses discussions of current events, video lectures, a powerful computational engine, problem sets and scientific discussions with students, professors, researchers and professionals from over 190 countries on thousands of topics across math, science and computer science.
Rather than focus on K-12 education, Function Space caters to individuals of all ages from high school students to professional engineers, and focuses on lifetime learning with content tailored to any skill level. Not only are students and professors from colleges like MIT, Stanford and Princeton using the site, but corporate researchers from industry titans like GE, Google, Raytheon and Intel are using the site as well to bridge the gap between the academic curriculum and skill-based requirements of the workplace.
To get started on Function Space, simply:
- Choose the level of rigor -- from high school, to collegiate, to post grad / research -- best suited for the user, and the domains of science, math and computer science that ignite their passion. Function Space then surfaces relevant content into the newsfeed.
- Domains covered include everything from quantum physics, to cosmology, to calculus, to discrete math, to data structures, to artificial intelligence.
Once the top domains are selected, users can browse a custom activity feed to find scientific articles, problem sets, community discussion, and news and based on a customized profile of interests and knowledge level. For instance, if a user picks “cosmology” and “geometry” as their interests and “college level” as their skill level, they can find:
- News customized to preferences, like: “Researchers Develop a New Model to Detect Life on Planets Outside of Our Solar System“
- Community discussions around their interests, like: “Gravitational lensing due to Earth” and “How much mathematics should you know if you want to become a Cosmologist or a Quantum Physicist?”
- Brain teasers around selected topics, like “What is the minimum cut-length needed to divide (a) a unit-sided equilateral triangle into four parts of equal area? (b) a unit square, into five parts of equal area? (c) an equilateral triangle into five parts of equal area?”
The platform also includes sections that allow users to:
- “Sit in” on lectures with videos covering everything from physics, to computer programming, to number theory, to cosmology.
- Discuss and display complex topics with ease.
- Use and incorporate LaTeX, the standard method for the communication and publication of scientific documents.
- See a live preview that shows real-time renderings of equations, an equation caller to pull LaTeX codes for complex science equations and a simple diagramming tool that can easily create charts, graphs, and many other mathematical operations such as matrix multiplications, integrations, differentiations.
- Use the powerful computational engine to solve value-related problems, perform functions, solve hyperbolic problems, use matrices, solve calculus challenges and more.
“Function Space is the first platform for science enthusiasts of any age and any level to not only access unlimited free tools for learning, but also contribute to a growing user-based datacenter for the sciences,” said Function Space co-founder and CEO Adit Gupta. "Our iOS app is bringing an extensive mobile classroom to people around the world, while providing existing users with a new way to enjoy, learn and share.”
About Function Space
Function Space aims to give everyone the power of science right in their pocket and provides the only one-stop solution for learning science on web. Founded by Adit Gupta, Sakshi Majmudar and Sumit Maniyar, the platform focuses on providing complete ecosystem with the right set of tools for its participants from academia to corporate research. With a network of students, professors and researchers from around the world, Function Space provides the ultimate combined platform for perpetual learning.
- Contact Information
- Paul Chalker
- Account Manager
- VSC Consulting
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.