Altus Introduces New-Generation RTK Receiver for the Esri Community
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Monday, July 14, 2014, At the 2014 Esri Users Conference, Altus Positioning Systems is unveiling a totally new GNSS RTK receiver designed and developed specifically for the Esri user community.
According to Altus CEO Neil Vancans, the new Altus APS-NR2 provides a never-before-available combination of performance and features that make it ideal for Esri users:
- Lightweight. At 1.5 lbs, the APS-NR2 weighs the same as a dozen Krispy Kreme glazed doughnuts.
- Dual cellular antennae. With automatic switchover, you’ll minimize downtime due to signal loss.
- Infinite flexibility. It works on virtually all RTK networks.
- Built-in Wi-Fi. You can configure and monitor the unit and stream data directly to your own tablet.
- Supercharged. It runs all day on hot-swappable batteries, and recharges from any USB port.
- Esri Compatible. It communicates seamlessly with Esri cloud-based platforms.
- Open architecture. Choose your own data collector software or interface directly with Esri ArcGIS Online.
“It all adds up to the world’s most versatile RTK rover that provides more productivity and less downtime for your surveying and geolocation jobs,” said Vancans. “The APS-NR2 raises the bar and sets a new standard for the state-of-the-art in high-precision surveying and geolocation.”
The APS-NR2 will be commercially available by September, according to Vancans.
In addition to the APS-NR2, Altus will show the APS-GeoPod, a compact GNSS module that adds high-precision RTK positioning to any USB-compatible tablet PC. “This unique product gives users the convenience of adding RTK precision to any on-board application on their own mobile devices.”
Altus will showcase the APS-NR2 and APS-GeoPod, along with the full range of Altus products in Booth 1218 at the 2014 Esri Users Conference, July 14-18, in the San Diego Convention Center.
About Altus Positioning Systems
Founded in 2006, Altus Positioning Systems has its corporate headquarters and manufacturing facilities in Torrance, CA. The privately held company provides high-precision GNSS surveying equipment through an international network of sales representatives in key countries around the world. For more information, visit www.altus-ps.com
( Press Release Image: http://photos.webwire.com/prmedia/49013/189192/189192-1.jpg )
- Contact Information
- Marisa Strange
- Marketing Communications Manager
- Altus Positioning Systems
- (1) 310-541-8139 x221
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.