Tempo Brings Brains and Beauty to Its Smart Calendar With Natural Language Input, Built-In iOS Reminders and New Design
New features continue to help people prepare for what’s next and do more in the least number of taps
MENLO PARK, Calif. – July 10, 2014 – Today, Tempo AI, creator of the breakthrough personal productivity calendar app for iOS, Tempo Smart Calendar, is announcing a new version of its app that continues to make people’s days more productive and organized. New time-saving features include the launch of its powerful natural language engine, integration with iOS Reminders and Waze and personalized emails to help users prepare for their workweek. Additionally, a refreshed design continues to shine the spotlight on smarts, making it even easier to get more done in a single tap.
Download the new version of Tempo Smart Calendar for free here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tempo-smart-calendar-free/id593819390?mt=8
Here’s what’s new in Tempo:
- Add events with natural language – A mobile calendar is as much about viewing events as it is adding them. In fact, on average, Tempo users create a calendar event about once every two times they open the app. This is the fastest-growing experience in Tempo and it continues to grow. Now, in Tempo, users can add an event in plain English (e.g., “Coffee w/ Tracy next Tues at 2 to 3”), making it even easier to manage valuable time.
- iOS Reminders built right into the calendar – Productivity hinges on focusing on the tasks that matter most. Now, with the iOS Reminders app integrated in Tempo Smart Calendar, users can add, view and complete tasks with due dates directly from their calendar. Over 14 percent of calendar events created by users are tasks, and integration with iOS Reminders helps people stay on top of their task management.
- New design – Tempo’s design has always been a mix of beauty and brains. With this release, the company has added new contextual icons, more one-tap actions and new calendar views that are sure to delight everyone from the light calendar user to the heavy meeting warrior.
- Waze integration – Tempo continues to integrate more data sources and services right into the calendar. Recently, Tempo integrated Speek’s free conference calling service and today, Tempo is announcing the integration of the popular Waze app to the calendar. Now, users can get community-based directions to meetings and events and avoid accidents, roadblocks and backups.
- Smart personalized email – Tempo’s powerful artificial intelligence engine acts like a smart assistant to understand what content is most important. Now, Tempo will send a personalized email suggesting follow-ups with people, news about relevant people and companies and more to better help users follow up on their workweek and prepare for what’s to come.
“We want to put an end to the mindless time sinks people encounter every day, and take care of the little things so they can focus on the big things,” said Raj Singh, CEO and co-founder of Tempo AI. “Creating an event on the go can be a hassle, which is why so many people actually wait until they’re in front of their desktop calendars to do so. That’s why we brought location auto-complete and suggested contacts to the mobile workflow – and now, our powerful natural language processing makes it that much easier and faster to add an event, wherever you are. Likewise, as we bring more contextual information into the calendar, adding iOS Reminders was a natural addition given how people use their calendars to stay on top of their to-do lists. In this release, we’re extending our smarts to add more shortcuts that increase productivity.”
On a mission to end app surfing
Tempo Smart Calendar puts an end to “app surfing.” It pulls together disconnected information from a range of data sources, putting everything you need right into the most intuitive place – the calendar. Then, it unleashes its artificial intelligence to present everything in context so people can get more done in one tap.
Tempo’s one-tap actions:
- Review insights about people you meet including photos, mutual contacts, Facebook and Google+ posts, LinkedIn details, Tweets, news, Crunchbase, AngelList and more.
- Join conference calls without dialing passcodes.
- Add an event to your calendar.
- Quickly reach people with up-to-date contact details from Google Contacts, Microsoft Outlook Contacts and iPhone Contacts.
- Create and complete iOS Reminders tasks.
- Get maps, directions and drive times.
- Send “running late” texts or emails to meeting attendees.
- Review related emails and documents, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PDFs and images.
- Check your flight status, terminal and gate.
- Use smart alerts to do more from your locked screen.
- Post birthday greetings on your friends’ Facebook walls.
- Discover the weather forecast based on your location.
- Read company backgrounders that include your network within that company along with the latest news as well.
To download the new version of Tempo Smart Calendar for free, please visit:
About Tempo AI
Designed to help busy professionals prepare for what’s next, Tempo Smart Calendar is like having an assistant anticipate what you need and surface that information right in the calendar, when you need it most. By eliminating the need to use multiple apps to cull relevant emails, find contact information, notify attendees if you’re running late or get directions to your next event, Tempo does more in one tap, so you never miss a beat. Tempo AI leverages sophisticated artificial intelligence and semantic technology from SRI International, the birthplace of the Internet, computer mouse, electronic banking and Siri, to understand personal behaviors.
( Press Release Image: http://photos.webwire.com/prmedia/42381/189159/189159-1.png )
- Contact Information
- Bob Patterson
- Account Manager
- VSC for Tempo AI
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.