Rockwell Collins showcasing latest innovations for business aircraft at EBACE 2014
- Pro Line Fusion™ and Pro Line 21™ advanced avionics empower pilots, provide modernized airspace compliance
- ARINC Direct™ and Ascend flight information solutions together provide most comprehensive flight operations management, anywhere in world
- Industry-leading Venue™ HD cabin management system scalable to full range of business aircraft cabins, including new solution for CES on classic Globals
- Market-leading Tailwind® TV system expands coverage and reliability
At this year’s European Business Aviation Convention and Exhibition (EBACE) in Geneva, Switzerland, Rockwell Collins is showcasing its latest solutions for business aircraft, and this will be the first aerospace trade show combining the company’s Commercial Systems and Information Management Services (formerly ARINC) businesses in one exhibit.
Rockwell Collins’s team of experts will be on hand at EBACE to discuss solutions for enhancing the flight deck, transforming the cabin and optimizing flight operations, especially in the European region. Attendees are encouraged to stop by the company’s exhibit (#6129) to learn more.
- Rockwell Collins will be posting news from EBACE, including its latest Pro Line 4™ to Pro Line 21™ retrofit EASA certification, a new Venue™-based cabin solution for classic Bombardier Global aircraft and a new and improved Tailwind® 550 system, at http://www.rockwellcollins.com/news_and_events.
- Journalists and the public can also connect with the company through its social channels via @RockwellCollins Twitter feed, Facebook fan page and Instagram. Press kits will also be available onsite at the Rockwell Collins exhibit. Journalists are encouraged to check back frequently for the latest news and information from Rockwell Collins.
- Pro Line Fusion® - Pro Line Fusion offers unmatched breadth and capabilities that spans across all business aircraft. The system provides essential flight information through graphically rich interfaces, including high-integrity head-up guidance featuring synthetic and enhanced vision and the industry’s first touch-screen flight displays. Rockwell Collins has earned a number of industry awards for the innovations it is bringing to Pro Line Fusion, including a 2013 Gold Edison Award for synthetic vision on head-up display.
- Pro Line 21™ - Rockwell Collins offers Pro Line 21 avionics retrofits, upgrades and enhancements that bring new flight deck features and future airspace compliance to a wide variety of business aircraft. From light turboprops to long-range business jets, Pro Line 21 brings highly advanced and professional capabilities in a modern and expandable system.
- Head-up Guidance System (HGS®) - Rockwell Collins leads the commercial head-up display market segment. By effectively eliminating the need for pilots to continually transition from head-down instruments to head-up, out-the-window view during critical phases of flight, HGS provides enhanced situational awareness and energy management in VFR and IFR flight conditions.
Full-Service Flight Planning and Support
- Rockwell Collins acquisition of ARINC will provide corporate flight departments with the most comprehensive solution for managing flight operations in the market. Operators will have the most complete, yet simple-to-use suite of tools that integrate best-in-class regional and international trip support, fuel and market-leading FOS® scheduling and dispatch software. Rockwell Collins recently earned, for the second year in a row, a top ranking in Professional Pilot magazine’s PRASE Survey for its international trip support.
Flexible Cabin Solutions
- Venue® - Venue is the industry’s first complete, HD cabin management and entertainment system for business aircraft that includes the features and functionality of the most advanced home entertainment systems and executive suites, including wireless audio-video on-demand. More than 350 Venue HD systems have been installed, more than any other HD system in the industry.
- Skybox™ - Skybox brings the full Apple experience to life on business jets. With one terabyte of onboard storage capacity, Skybox is the first airworthy solution to securely stream digital rights management (DRM) Hollywood-protected content both to cabin displays, and to Apple devices brought on board.
Real-Time Flight Information
- Rockwell Collins’ enhanced Airshow® 4000 3D Moving Map system includes a new graphical design that utilizes NASA’s Blue Marble map data, based on actual satellite imagery, to provide a modernized view of real-time flight information to passengers.
- Airshow 500—the first 3D Moving Map system for light business jets—is a thoroughly modernized, lighter-weight drop-in replacement for the Airshow 410. It provides on-aircraft control of a wide variety of options and it is compatible with legacy monitors as well as newer widescreen monitors with digital inputs.
- The Airshow iPad app is now available with a simple system upgrade from a Rockwell Collins authorized dealer to give existing Airshow 4000 or Venue customers the benefits of our 30 years of moving map expertise on the iPad. Highlights include:
- An industry-first panoramic view that allows passengers to see a moving map of the outside world from any direction the iPad is pointed exactly as if the aircraft were transparent.
- Intuitive, touch-enabled interaction with multiple maps and information displays and the ability to control the Airshow ticker, which scrolls key information related to the flight such as estimated time of arrival.
About Rockwell Collins
Rockwell Collins is a pioneer in the development and deployment of innovative communication and aviation electronic solutions for both commercial and government applications. Our expertise in flight deck avionics, cabin electronics, mission communications, simulation and training, and information management is delivered by a global workforce, and a service and support network that crosses more than 150 countries. To find out more, please visit www.rockwellcollins.com.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.