McMurray Stern is Hiring
SANTA FE SPRINGS – APRIL 29, 2014 - McMurray Stern, Southern California’s leader in innovative storage development and records management solutions, has announced they will be hiring. Here at McMurray Stern the Sales people are Design Consultants and are focused on creating sustainable storage and work space environments for their clients. The Design Consultant is a hunter position calling on Facilities Mangers, Architects and various department heads. They will be building a book of business in their protected territory and will maintain projects from beginning to end with support from a highly trained team of Project Coordinators, Estimators and CAD Operators. About 35% of their time will be spent interfacing with clients.
- Ramp up is 120 days before making calls independently
- Joint calls with supervisor will begin immediately
- Time is spent primarily out in the field
- Leads are self-generated but some will come from marketing
- Territory will be protected and focus on vertical markets to be determined upon hire. McMurray Stern’s primary territory is the Southern California counties that surround the company location; Los Angeles, Orange, Ventura, San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, Riverside and San Bernardino.
- Project sales cycle is typically 3-18 months but can last longer in some cases
- Calling on Facilities Managers, Architects and department heads
- Annual sales goal is prorated initially
- Design Consultants average 8-10% of gross sales, commission based on net profitability of each project
- There are 13 sales reps and roughly half are meeting or exceeding their annual goal (11 out of 12 met or exceeded in 2012)
- Sales recognition award includes a trip each year when goals are met. (Past trips have been to Hawaii, Costa Rica, Caribbean, etc.)
- Attire – Business Casual
- Reports to Vice President of Sales.
A Design Consultant makes buildings smarter. Design Consultants for McMurray Stern are the team leaders of the entire sales cycle; from business generation to design and implementation of physical storage systems that are industry and/or need specific.
McMurray Stern services the southern California area.
Their core verticals are:
- Public Safety
- Professional Business
- Libraries and Education
90-180 days based on experience. Training will start with installations and include service calls, sales calls and one on one time with marketing.
- Average tenure is 12 years
- Top performer earned $300k last year
- Several on team are earning $150 – 250K
- Largest company in their market vs. competitors
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation is starting in the $50 – 60K range as a guarantee depending on experience. Eventually moving to a commission/draw basis. It will be a decision the Design Consultant and Manager can make together. Top performers are earning $125-300K and can take 24 months to achieve this.
Benefits include healthcare, dental, vision and 401k. They will be provided a laptop, iPad, and a cell phone. A car allowance will be included and is typically $400 monthly. Other expenses will be reimbursed upon approval.
Desired Skills and Experience
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s degree desired
- 5 years of selling experience (ideal candidate has experience selling storage solutions, office furniture, or material handling)
- Previous Project Managers or Sales Represetatives in furniture or construction industry a plus.
- Computer skills
- Strong hunter mentality
- Strong prospecting/cold calling skills
- Technical experience; this role will work with various engineers, architects and designers and discuss specs
- Member of organizations such as IFMA, IIDA, AIA is a plus
- Candidate located in South Bay, West LA is ideal
Candidates must have at least 5 years of experience.
McMurray Stern is a local, women-owned design build specialty contractor offering storage and workspace efficiency solutions for commercial, government, and military environments throughout Southern California.
As a Class B general contractor, we are a comprehensive service provider with the ability to deliver turn-key storage and workspace solutions. Our numerous contacts and product sources save time and money by eliminating the need to manage multiple vendors on a project. Additional services include obtaining permits, engineering for anchorage/weight load, equipment moves/relocation, and any unique product or installation requirement that may develop on a project.
A fully integrated design build process ensures projects are professionally managed from concept to execution. Each project is managed by a team responsible for design, orders, planning, site meetings, installation, and maintenance. Our installation and maintenance crew members are factory-trained employees of McMurray Stern.
We are the exclusive Southern California area dealer of Spacesaver storage products and represent a wide variety of manufacturers and brands including Kardex Remstar, Modular Millwork, Lyon, Agati, Dwyer, Russ Bassett, and many more.Are You Still There?
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org We’ll then send you a link to take an online survey to determine if we’re a good match for one another. Please give us a call if you don’t receive a response via email 562.623.3000
For more information about news and events from McMurray Stern, Inc., connect with us on Facebook (Facebook.com/McMurraySternStorage), Twitter (@McMurrayStern), and at McMurrayStern.com.
To view McMurray Stern’s blog, go to mcmurraystern.com/blog
- Contact Information
- Miranda Murray
- Director of Marketing
- McMurray Stern INC
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.