First Annual Wetlands Art Tour on May 10th!
The first annual Wetlands Art Tour on Saturday, May 10th, is a day long event in the St. Claude Arts District showcasing art, performance and activism related to coastal erosion and wetlands restoration in Louisiana.
More than 20 venues and 75 artists, performers, activists and scientists will be presenting visual art, photography, fashion, sculpture, music, poetry, puppetry, comedy, theater, film, science and activism.
The event, which is produced by John Calhoun (of the Goodnight Show) in partnership with the Gulf Restoration Network, will take place at galleries and venues in the St. Claude Arts District during the day and evening of the Second Saturday Art Walk.
- 9 a.m. at Clouet Gardens, 707 Clouet St.: meeting place for wetlands kayak tours by Kayakitiyat and a volunteer tree planting project
- 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the Marigny Opera House: a dynamic environmental performance and panel emceed by event organizer John Calhoun with speakers John Barry, Monique Verdin, Scott Eustis, Michael Massimi and others
- 4:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. at Cafe Istanbul: documentary film screening of My Louisiana Love by Monique Verdin
- 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.: art gallery shows and performances at 18 different venues on and around St. Claude Avenue
- 6 p.m.: Clouet Gardens art tour headquarters for information from regional environmental nonprofits (Gulf Restoration Network, Louisiana Bucket Brigade,Restore Louisiana Now, Barataria-Terrebonne National Estuary Program and others),screen printing demonstrations, performances, music, food and more
- 10 p.m. to 1 a.m. at the Michalopoulos Studio, 527 Elysian Fields Ave.:after-party featuring a musical performance by Soul Creole
The Wetlands Art Tour seeks to increase community engagement with the urgent issue of coastal restoration through different perspectives and artistic mediums. The goal is to inspire participants to continue to have conversations about this topic and to take action.
For more information or to schedule an interview with festival organizers, please visit:www.wetlandsarttour.com or contact Alysia Savoy firstname.lastname@example.org.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.