How to Help Children with Spelling – New Book Reveals Secrets
VICTORIA, Australia April 2014 – Reading and writing are the educational foundations for a child’s growth and progress in the developed world. So when children experience learning difficulties around literacy, the reality is most parents and teachers can sometimes feel helpless as they want to learn how to help children with spelling, but often don’t know how to go about it, so that the learning will be relevant and effective for THEIR particular child or student.
Aussie Kids Coach managing director, Ian Davies, is helping parents worldwide by revealing how to help children with spelling in his latest book ‘Why Your Kid Can’t Spell And What You Can Do About It!’. “This small book was written specifically to help parents who were worried about their kid’s spelling. It takes parents on a step-by-step journey to help their kids learn how to spell using the phonic sounds that make up the English language,” Ian says.
“My book of spelling rules makes spelling FUN for kids. It takes parents and teachers through a step-by-step phonic based program to get the kids spelling confidently. It will explain each of the 39 spelling rules and give a word list that supports each rule, and there are lots of little spelling activities to help kids learn how to apply the rules.” www.aussiekidscoach.com
‘Why Your Kid Can’t Spell And What You Can Do About It!’ improves spelling by helping children learn:
• the critical spelling rules which control 87 per cent of the English language. Kids love the structure of these rules and all of a sudden spelling is FUN because it’s easy to understand.
• what to do with the 13 per cent of words that do not follow the rules. Kids love the challenge of learning these rebel words that try and trick them.
• the 44 phonic sounds used when we speak English and the 70 letters and combinations of letters used to write these sounds.
• how to understand those confusing sounds like ‘oi’ and ‘oy’, ‘au’ and ‘aw’ and ‘ai’ and ‘ay’.
• the short vowel sounds and long vowel sounds made with the a, e, i, o and u vowels. Understanding how to detect which vowel sound is being used is a key skill for competent spellers and ‘Why Your Kid Can’t Spell And What You Can Do About It!’ helps kids understand when to double the consonant to keep the vowel sound short and hot to spell words when the vowel sound is long.
• the mysteries of using suffixes and prefixes.
• about those crazy words using silent letters.
• which spelling to use with words like where, wear and we’re, and there, their and they’re.
Ian’s book ‘Why Your Kid Can’t Spell And What You Can Do About It!’ addresses an important educational issue in today’s society – a decline in spelling standards. The book speaks directly to parents and not only explains why kids are struggling with spelling, but also reveals spelling rules children can use and printable phonics flashcards for kids to practice with. www.aussiekidscoach.com
‘Why Your Kid Can’t Spell And What You Can Do About It!’ was immediately accepted by parents, teachers and schools in Australia and around the world. The book appeals to teachers and schools who are looking for a simple text that teaches the rules of spelling, and is especially popular on the Teachers Pay Teachers website.
Callawadda parent, Terry Phillips, who bought ‘Why Your Kid Can’t Spell And What You Can Do About It!’ including the printable phonics flashcards says, “If I had been taught these spelling rules at school, my fear of spelling would have disappeared long ago.” Other readers and book fans are delighted with the book, and have described it as having “clear rules” and “good worksheets”.
- Contact Information
- Ian Davies
- Managing Director
- Aussie Kids Coach
- (61) 0418 140 446
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.