Planned Parenthood Launches English & Spanish ACA Radio/Pandora Ads in Texas and Ohio
WASHINGTON, DC — Today, Planned Parenthood Federation of America announced a radio and Pandora ad buy featuring enrollees from Texas and Ohio encouraging listeners in those states to sign up for new, more affordable health insurance plans before the March 31 enrollment deadline. Planned Parenthood helped the women featured in the ads learn more about the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
Spanish-language ads will also air in those markets.
The ads encourage listeners to text Planned Parenthood to get more information about how to get enrolled. Planned Parenthood’s organizers in those cities will then follow up to schedule appointments and encourage attendance at upcoming enrollment, education, and application events in the area.
- In one of the Ohio ads, Te’ Youngblood from Ravenna says, “I’m healthy now, but because of my medical history I know that health coverage is absolutely necessary. If you don’t have health insurance, you can go down a financial rabbit hole really quickly if anything happens. But getting affordable coverage was always a challenge. Thankfully Planned Parenthood helped me understand the law, how to get financial help, and how to sign up for care that I can afford. I was able to pick a plan that’s right for me — I got good coverage that fits my budget. I’m covered, and I have peace of mind.” Te’ works as a paralegal for a small law office that can’t afford to provide health insurance, so she had to purchase her own plan at $272 a month. Now under Obamacare, and with a $55 tax credit, her monthly cost has been slashed to $153. Te’ has suffered from Bartholin’s cysts, a painful condition that requires ongoing gynecological care, so she never wants to be without insurance.
- In one of the Texas ads, Chenoa Elizabeth from Dallas says, “I’ve always known that being covered by health insurance was important. But with changes in my life and in my job, getting affordable coverage was always a challenge. The health care law actually makes health insurance a lot more affordable — and thankfully Planned Parenthood helped me understand my options. Planned Parenthood helped me figure out a plan that covers what I need and what is right for me. Now, for less than my cell phone, I have health insurance. I’m saving money, and have peace of mind.” After Chenoa lost her insurance, she had to use expired hand-me-down inhalers for her asthma. Now she has a Blue Cross Blue Shield silver plan, paying $86 a month for medical and dental. Her current cost for inhalers? $0.
The ads are part of Planned Parenthood’s nationwide effort to ensure that all Americans, especially those in areas with the greatest health care need, have the information and resources they need to enroll in new, more affordable health insurance plans under Obamacare.
Planned Parenthood’s English- and Spanish-language websites, which are designed for women looking for information about what the law means for them, have received more than half a million unique visitors. PlannedParenthoodHealthInsuranceFacts.org and PlannedParenthoodAsegurate.org include a cost calculator that estimates what kind of financial help is available as well as important things people should know when comparing insurance plans.
- On Monday, Planned Parenthood announced that they will be holding more than 500 community education, application, or enrollment events in 18 cities across eight states (AZ, CO, FL, GA, NM, TX, PA, OH) in the final weeks before the March 31 ACA enrollment deadline. Last month, Planned Parenthood launched digital ads in English and Spanish in key states.
- In addition, more than 500 canvassers in those states are knocking on an average of 20,000 doors a day, carrying tablets, and giving individuals and families access to technology that enables them to complete their application for new health care coverage at the door. More than half of this work is being done in Spanish, helping to reach the nation’s nearly 1-in-3 non-elderly Latinos that are uninsured.
- Additionally, Planned Parenthood and coalition partners announced they are hosting a series of community education, application, or enrollment events in 15 cities with large Latino populations running through March 31. Events with certified navigators in Texas, Arizona, Illinois, Georgia and Pennsylvania have attracted thousands of Latino families, many of whom chose a plan and successfully enrolled on site.
If you’d like to learn more about these efforts, or attend a Planned Parenthood ACA education, application, or enrollment event, please contact the Planned Parenthood media office at 212-261-4433.###
Planned Parenthood is the nation’s leading provider and advocate of high-quality, affordable health care for women, men, and young people, as well as the nation’s largest provider of sex education. With more than 700 health centers across the country, Planned Parenthood organizations serve all patients with care and compassion, with respect and without judgment. Through health centers, programs in schools and communities, and online resources, Planned Parenthood is a trusted source of reliable health information that allows people to make informed health decisions. We do all this because we care passionately about helping people lead healthier lives.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.