The Potential Solution to Insomnia - Scientists Claim 200 Thread Count Bed Sheets Improve the Quality of Sleep
Don’t Get Swindled Into Buying Higher Thread Count Expensive Bedsheets
These days, everyone likes to brag about the thread count of their sheets: hotels, bedding stores, decorators and designers, all those celebrities with bedding lines on the shopping channels.
When it comes to the best pair of sheets, it’s not just about thread count. In fact, if you’re being wooed by the highest thread count you can find on the store shelves, you may be getting swindled into buying low-quality sheets. A recent study shows that from a test on sleep quality between 200, 400, 600, and 800 thread count sheets, the highest rated was 200.
The components that really matter in terms of sheet quality.
- Thread Count 101: Thread count is the number of vertical and horizontal threads per square inch of the fabric. Thread count is important, but it doesn’t guarantee better sheet. You must also take into account many other factors.
- Be aware of the swindle: Some manufacturers use low-quality fibers or even “cheat” by counting the strands or plies that make up an individual thread as additional threads. In other words, a thread count of 600 might really be just 300 low-quality double-ply threads.
- Martha Stewart says, “A thread count of 200 is a good standard, but if you upgrade to 300, the difference will be noticeable, but not always superior"
- A recent tests of 23 sets of queen-size sheets conducted by Consumer Reports confirmed the following: “Among 100-percent-cotton percale sheets in our tests, some had a thread count of 400, but the highest-rated sheet had a thread count of 200. For 100-percent-cotton sateen and twill-weave sets, the top-scoring sheet has a claimed thread count of 1,000, though some 200-300-thread-count sheets were better than 400- or 600-thread-count models.”
- The moral of the story: High thread counts can definitely make for better sheets; however, it’s the fiber quality that matters the most. In fact, a sheet of a better-quality fiber with a lower thread count will feel and wash better than a sheet with a lower-quality fiber with a higher thread count.
- Sateen: A sateen weave means there are four or more horizontal threads over and one vertical thread under, placing most the threads on the surface. This creates a soft, smooth, and luxurious feel and an elegant sheen. This looser weave construction, however, is less durable and more apt to wear and pill than say, a percale.
There are some great deals companies are offering on 200 Thread Count 4 Piece Bed Sheet Sets on Amazon.com
One in particular being the Equinox Fine Linens line of high quality 200 Thread Count Sheets. For a limited time, they are offering them at 70% off.
( Press Release Image: http://photos.webwire.com/prmedia/47158/186015/186015-1.jpg )
- Contact Information
- Equinox International
- Equinox International
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.