What Causes Hair Loss In Woman
5 Top Causes of Hair Loss in Women. Boost n Blend examines the main causes of hair loss in women. More than 50 percent of women suffer hair loss at some time in their life. What causes hair loss in women? Find out here.
More than 50 percent of women will suffer hair loss at some time in their life.
More than 50 percent of women will experience hair loss at some point in their lifetime, almost double the number a decade ago. Hair loss expert Bambi Staveley and founder of www.BoostnBlend.com.au, discusses some of the common reasons for this spike in female hair loss.
“Many women are at a loss as to why this is happening to them. There is quite a lot of research that has been done on the subject of hair loss in women and the causes are many and varied. We have summarised much of that research into the top five causes,” says Mrs Staveley.
- Over styling. It’s probably not much of a surprise that heated styling products like straighteners, curling irons and hair dryers can damage your hair, but did you know that your hairspray, gel or even the type of shampoo you use could also be causing your hair to thin? Be careful not to overuse styling products or opt for natural products. Whilst you’re at it, be careful with your poor head! Simple things like tight ponytails and harsh brushing can also cause your hair to break and/or thin.
- Low Iron and B12. Feeling tired as well as thin on top? Your problem could be low iron or vitamin B12. The good news is that once the proper levels are restored with the help of supplements and/or diet changes, your hair growth should return to normal. Head to your doctor for a blood test to find out if this is your issu
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS). Although extra hair growth on the body is common in women with PCOS, in a cruel twist of fate the hormonal imbalances can also cause the hair on your scalp to thin. So, more hair where you don’t want it and less hair where you do. Unfair.
- Menopause. As with PCOS, it’s the hormones that are responsible for this kind of hair fall. It can help to spend a little extra on natural hair products and take care to keep your hair conditioned, as low oestrogen is also known to make hair dry and therefore more susceptible to breakage.
- Childbirth. Ok, this is the last one we can blame on our good friend oestrogen! During pregnancy, a lot of women will actually experience thicker hair due to the peak in oestrogen levels. This ceases, however, once your baby is born so it is common to experience hair loss after childbirth. Just sit tight, focus on your new bub and your hair will return to normal.
If hair loss is a problem for you, it’s a good idea to visit your local GP. In the meantime, use a women’s hair loss concealer like Boost n Blend to keep your hair loss a secret. It is easy to apply and gives an instant result.
Find out about more common causes of hair loss in women on the Boost n Blend Blog:
About Boost n Blend®
Boost n Blend is a simple, quick and easy cosmetic cover up for women with thinning hair. It works by adding millions of tiny hair-like micro fibres to sparse hair. It instantly restores the appearance of thicker, more abundant hair and provides an instant volume and confidence boost.
See before and after photos and reviews sent in by our customers at www.BoostnBlend.com.au.
Boost n Blend® is available eight colours to match the most popular hair shades of women and can be purchased online at www.BoostnBlend.com.au and in selected salons.
( Press Release Image: http://photos.webwire.com/prmedia/47418/185816/185816-1.jpg )
- Contact Information
- Bambi Staveley
- Managing Director
- Balance Group
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.