Tesco help the nation to say a very merry Big Thank You
If youíve always dreamed of sending a singing thank you but didnít have the voice, then youíre in luck. This year Tesco is launching the Big Thank You campaign, providing fun ways to say thank you for the little things that matter to you at Christmas, using short songs.
As many of us take to social media sites to send our thanks to loved ones near and far, Tesco is providing a series of short YouTube videos for a fun way to share a thank you.
With videos featuring a singing trio whose songs cover everything from Christmas socks to sprouts and cooking the dinner, the campaign will run from Christmas day. There will be around 15 short clips which can be emailed, tweeted or posted to family and friends.
Itís a traditional part of Christmas day to call friends and family and to say thanks for the gifts received, but this year weíll be doing it online more than ever. With over 90% of 16-24 year olds and 74% 25-44 years olds on social media*, itís clear that many of us will be spreading the Christmas cheer online. Tesco will be emailing their millions of Clubcard customers the Big Thank You videos to offer their singing services, as well as sharing them through Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and YouTube.
And itís not just youngsters whoíll be on social media during this festive period either, as 19% of 65-74 year olds are also online tweeting and posting. Tesco expect to see grandparents, parents, aunts and uncles all sharing the Big Thank You videos with relatives. And, with record numbers of us expecting to unwrap tablets Ė 60% of us have one our wish list** there will be a tuneful way to say thank you with your new gift.
The Big Thank You videos can be watched and shared here: http://www.youtube.com/user/Tesco
Notes to editors:
* According to ONS research
* According to blinkbox polling
* 70% of Brits use their smartphones to access social media, so Tesco expect to see plenty of Christmas selfies, ĎInstagrammedí Turkeyís and unwrapping Vine vids. Tesco will be using the hashtag #BigThankYou to encourage us all to head online and take a minute to say a big thanks to the people who make Christmas special.
* Tesco will also be sharing a thank you song with their colleagues.
* For more Christmas information visit: www.tescoplc.com/Christmas
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.