The Holiday Shopping Deals Continue: Walmart Kicks Off Post-Black Friday Savings on Dec. 13
Black Friday has come and gone, but the focus on helping customers save this holiday season continues at Walmart stores and Walmart.com. On Friday, Dec. 13 at 8:00 a.m., the retailer will drop prices on popular toys, electronics, apparel, table games and other products during its Christmas Countdown Savings Event. With only 12 days to shop before Christmas, these deals will come just in time for last-minute shoppers.
In addition, two days later, on Sunday, Dec. 15 at 8:00 a.m., Walmart’s largest shipment of the PlayStation® 4 (PS4™) – one of the most coveted gifts of the season – will arrive at stores across the country, just in time for Christmas. Walmart.com will also have a limited quantity of PlayStation 4 inventory available while supplies last.
“When we reported our record-breaking Black Friday results, we said we weren’t done yet, and we meant it,” said Duncan Mac Naughton, chief merchandising and marketing officer, Walmart U.S. “As our customers count down the final days until Christmas, we remain focused on offering them great prices and the hottest gifts to place under their Christmas trees.”
According to ShopperTrak’s predictions, four of the 10 busiest shopping days will occur between Dec. 20 and Dec. 24, with Super Saturday (Dec. 21) being the second most-popular shopping day after Black Friday.
The following items are included in the Christmas Countdown Savings Event and will be available through Dec. 24 or while supplies last at Walmart stores. Specific items and quantities will vary by store.
• Apple iPad® mini Wi-Fi 16GB (two colors) – $299 with a $50 Walmart gift card
• iPhone 5c ($27) and 5s ($127) – requires a two-year contract from AT&T or Verizon
• Select video games such as Call of Duty Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassin’s Creed Black Flag, Grand Theft Auto 5 and NBA2K14 (for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3) – $39.96 ($20 savings) – also available on Walmart.com
• Monster headphones – $79.95 ($50 savings) – also available on Walmart.com
• Vizio 70-inch LED Smart HDTV – $1,498 ($200 savings) – also available on Walmart.com
• Holiday Barbie – $29 ($10.97 savings) – also available on Walmart.com
• Furby Boom! – $39 ($20 savings)
• Innotab 3 – $39.97 ($20 savings) – also available on Walmart.com
• Sofia the First Desk – $54 ($15.97 savings) – also available on Walmart.com
• Men’s Fleece / Flannel Sleep Pants – $7.83 ($2.09 savings) – also available on Walmart.com
• Ladies 2-piece Pajamas Set – $12 (special buy) – also available on Walmart.com
• Better Homes and Gardens 700-Thread Count Sheets – $24.96 (special buy) – also available on Walmart.com
• iTunes gift card – $25 for a $30 gift card ($5 savings)
• Large Tables Games including an 89-inch Billiard Table – $239 ($58 savings) – also available on Walmart.com
In addition, Walmart.com will launch a special savings event on Monday, Dec. 16, featuring more than 300 items across electronics, toys, apparel and home goods, including deals on the season’s most hard-to-find gifts. Walmart.com offers free shipping for orders over $35 and the last day to place an order for free shipping, and have the gifts arrive by Christmas, is Thursday, Dec. 19. Walmart also offers a variety of expedited shipping options as well as the convenient option to order online and, if in stock, pick up in any Walmart store that same day – the fastest way to get an online order in time for Christmas.
Customers can continue to take advantage of Walmart’s Christmas ad match, which enable shoppers to match competitors’ prices before or after a purchase. With Christmas ad match*, which covers thousands of items, including electronics, toys and grocery products, if a customer happens to find a lower price on an item already purchased through Dec. 24, the customer brings in the receipt and the competitor ad to the customer service desk at a local Walmart. The store will match the price and give the customer the difference on a gift card.
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE: WMT) helps people around the world save money and live better – anytime and anywhere – in retail stores, online, and through their mobile devices. Each week, more than 245 million customers and members visit our more than 11,000 stores under 69 banners in 27 countries and e-commerce websites in 10 countries. With fiscal year 2013 sales of approximately $466 billion, Walmart employs more than 2.2 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. Additional information about Walmart can be found by visiting corporate.walmart.com, on Facebook at facebook.com/walmart and on Twitter at twitter.com/walmartnewsroom. Online merchandise sales are available at www.walmart.com and www.samsclub.com.
Availability may vary by store.
Christmas Ad Match applies to in-store prices only.
Walmart stores will match the price of any local competitor’s printed ad for an identical product. Restrictions apply.
Prices may vary in Wisconsin.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.