California Laboratory Educates Residents about Common IAQ Pollutants
LA Testing offers a wide range of services to test for indoor air quality (IAQ) issues associated with radiological, chemical and biological pollutants.
Garden Grove, CA, November 13, 2013
Most California residents, like people across the country, spend the majority of their time indoors. Whether at home, school or at the office, many are indoors up to 90% of the day. This fact makes the quality of the air people breathe indoors an important component of their overall health.
In many homes and buildings, there are numerous potential pollutants that can cause health concerns or even result in various serious illnesses. Some of the more common include the following:
- Mold – In buildings that have suffered water damage or elevated humidity levels, mold can begin to grow in as short as 24 to 48 hours.
- Bacteria – Many types of bacteria can be found on surfaces and even at times in the air we breathe.
- Allergens – Everything from pollen and mold spores to latex and dust mite allergens are frequent contributors to indoor air quality issues.
- Radon – In parts of California, radon can be found and is a potential invisible threat.
- Formaldehyde and other VOCs – Many building materials, furnishing and products used indoors emit formaldehyde and other volatile organic compounds (VOCs).
- Asbestos - Asbestos is a type of mineral fiber that was added to many building products in the past to strengthen them and to provide heat insulation and fire resistance.
- Lead – Many buildings built before 1978 contain lead-based paints.
“It’s important for people to be aware of their indoor environments and to know what potential hazards may exist that could impact the health of their family,” reported Michael Chapman, Laboratory Manager of LA Testing’s Garden Grove facility, one of California’s leading indoor air quality testing laboratories. “LA Testing provides indoor air quality testing services to help identify all of these common pollutants. We have also recently sponsored an online video to help educate people about these issues.”
To view the new video about common IAQ pollutants, please visit:
About LA Testing and EMSL Analytical, Inc.
LA Testing and EMSL Analytical are providers of environmental testing services and products to professionals and the general public. The companies have an extensive list of accreditations from leading organizations as well as state and federal regulating bodies. LA Testing has laboratories throughout California to service commercial clients and government agencies as well as the general public.
- Contact Information
- Joseph Frasca
- Senior Vice President of Marketing
- EMSL Analytical
- (1) 1-800-303-0047
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.