Miller Homes Rises To The Challenge
Leading housebuilder Miller Homes enjoyed the taste of sweet success when they raised over £900 for Great Ormond Street Hospital Children’s Charity during National Baking Week recently.
‘Bake it Better’ bake sales and other fundraising activities took place at selected Miller Homes developments across the country; and additionally a bake sale and cake raffle were held at the housebuilder’s head office in Edinburgh to further boost funds.
Money raised through the bake sales, held from 14th–20th October, will help Great Ormond Street Hospital to continue to provide world-class care for its young patients and their families and to fund pioneering new treatments and research for childhood illness.
Chris Endsor, Chief Executive, Miller Homes, said: “Our National Baking Week activities last week were a great success, and we are delighted with the combined total raised for Great Ormond Street Hospital Children’s Charity. The events held at our developments really helped bring the local community together and there was lots of fun and laughter.
“We’d like to say a big thanks to everyone who got involved and helped make our events so successful.”
Hayley Richardson, Senior Fundraising Executive, Great Ormond Street Hospital Children’s Charity said: “We were delighted to team up with National Baking Week this year and would like to thank Miller Homes for their support in organising these bake sales.
“The money from National Baking Week will make a real difference to patients at Great Ormond Street Hospital by helping us to deliver our world class care in 21st century facilities. We are improving our facilities and building our capacity so we can treat more children.”
For more information on Miller Homes and its developments around the country please visit www.millerhomes.co.uk.
Notes to editors:
About Miller Homes:
- Miller Homes is part of The Miller Group. Since it was established in 1934, Miller Homes has built more than 100,000 homes across the UK, providing a variety of properties to meet the needs of a wide range of purchasers at all stages of the property ladder.
- Miller Homes operates in eight regions across the UK – Scotland East, Scotland West, North West, Yorkshire, North East, East Midlands, West Midlands and Southern.
- Miller Homes offers a variety of incentives, including government-backed schemes and its own schemes, to assist homebuyers in purchasing a new home.
- In 2013 Miller Homes was awarded five star rating in the National Home Builders Federation New Home Customer Satisfaction Survey and the results of independent research highlighted that 97% of its own customers would recommend Miller Homes to their best friend.
- Further information is available by visiting www.millerhomes.co.uk
- For more information on National Baking Week 2013, visit www.nationalbakingweek.co.uk
- For more information on the work of Great Ormond Street Hospital Children’s Charity, visit www.gosh.org
For more information, please contact:
Marie Dunsmuir – Group Communications Manager
The Miller Group Ltd.
Tel: 0870 336 5084
Lesley Weir – Group Communications Officer
The Miller Group Ltd.
Tel: 0870 336 5010
- Contact Information
- Marie Dunsmuir
- Group Communications Manager
- The Miller Group Ltd.
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.