Open Text Announces Latest Release of FirstClass Collaboration Software
Includes an Enhanced User Interface, Built-in Support for Blogging and Podcasting, Extended Safe Social Networking Capabilities and Added Synchronization Support for Mobile Users.
Chicago - 2006-08-08 - Open Text™ Corporation (Nasdaq: OTEX, TSX: OTC), a leading provider of Enterprise Content Management (ECM) software, announced today that its FirstClass division has released the latest version of its suite of integrated communications and collaboration software, the FirstClass Collaboration Suite, for learning organizations and businesses.
The FirstClass Collaboration Suite, version 8.3, offers a powerful set of integrated applications that enable customers to create collaborative online communities that securely connect people and resources via any Internet-accessible device. FirstClass enhances communication and collaboration within a secure, networked environment with applications such as e-mail, instant messaging, calendars, contact management, workgroup collaboration, document sharing, file storage, web publishing, blogging, podcasting, and unified voice and fax messaging.
“FirstClass Collaboration Suite 8.3 is a significant leap forward for our customers,” said John Myers, Vice President and General Manager with the FirstClass Division of Open Text Corporation. “The new user interface was carefully designed to make it easier for new users to transition to the product quickly, and for all users to more effectively exploit the wide range of features built into FirstClass. Additionally, SyncML support for mobile users and the Universal Macintosh OS X Client provides our customers with even more options for how and where they use FirstClass.”
Highlights of the new features for FirstClass include:
• FirstClass Workspaces - Workspaces are collaborative areas in which multiple users within a small workgroup can easily and securely access and share resources. Each Workspace provides out-of-the-box templates for shared content, including a discussion conference, calendar, contact database, document storage, and bookmarks folder.
• Enhanced User Interface – The new interface lets users easily toggle between the traditional FirstClass desktop view and a new application suite view that provides instant access to all FirstClass applications (ie. Mailbox, Conferences, Workspaces, Web Publishing, File Storage, etc.) using standard application launch buttons available on every user’s desktop.
• Support for SyncML for Mobile Users – FirstClass now supports SyncML, an industry standard managed by the Open Mobile Alliance. This provides bi-directional wireless syncing of contacts, calendars, and tasks with devices that support SyncML, including many standard mobile phones and smart phones.
• Enhanced Web Publishing – Enhanced web publishing makes the creation of web pages easy and intuitive. FirstClass 8.3 provides a simple yet powerful facility that uses popular web publishing techniques such as blogging and podcasting.
• Universal Mac OS X Software – FirstClass 8.3 delivers a Universal version for Mac OS X, enabling FirstClass to run at top speed on both PowerPC and the new Intel-based Macintoshes.
More detailed information on this latest release of FirstClass can be found by visiting www.firstclass.com.
About FirstClass and Open Text
The FirstClass Division of Open Text provides FirstClass, the leading collaboration and communications platform for learning organizations and businesses. Open Text™ is a leading provider of Enterprise Content Management (ECM) solutions that bring together people, processes and information in global organizations. Today, the company supports approximately 20 million seats across 13,000 deployments in 114 countries and 12 languages worldwide. For more information on Open Text, go to: www.opentext.com.
Safe Harbor Statement Under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995
This news release may contain forward-looking statements relating to the success of any of the Company’s strategic initiatives, the Company’s growth and profitability prospects, the benefits of the Company’s products to be realized by customers, the Company’s position in the market and future opportunities therein, the deployment of Livelink and our other products by customers, and future performance of Open Text Corporation. Forward-looking statements may also include, without limitation, any statement relating to future events, conditions or circumstances. Forward-looking statements in this release are not promises or guarantees and are subject to certain risks and uncertainties, and actual results may differ materially. The risks and uncertainties that may affect forward-looking statements include, among others, the failure to develop new products, risks involved in fluctuations in currency exchange rates, delays in purchasing decisions of customers, the completion and integration of acquisitions, the possibility of technical, logistical or planning issues in connection with deployments, the continuous commitment of the Company’s customers, demand for the Company’s products and other risks detailed from time to time in the Company’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), including the Form 10-K for the year ended June 30, 2005. You should not place undue reliance upon any such forward-looking statements, which are based on management’s beliefs and opinions at the time the statements are made, and the Company does not undertake any obligations to update forward-looking statements should circumstances or management’s beliefs or opinions change. Copyright © 2006 by Open Text Corporation. LIVELINK and OPEN TEXT are trademarks or registered trademarks of Open Text Corporation in the United States of America, Canada, the European Union and/or other countries. This list of trademarks is not exhaustive. Other trademarks, registered trademarks, product names, company names, brands and service names mentioned herein are property of Open Text Corporation or other respective owners.
- Contact Information
- Margaret E. Dobbin
- Director, Industry Analyst Relations
- Open Text Corporation
- Contact via E-mail
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.