NJ Homeowners Remain Unprepared for Extreme Weather Power Outages
Say the words “Superstorm Sandy” to anyone who lives in New Jersey and the stories of the inconvenience of living without power in its aftermath will probably be their first reaction.
(Kenilworth, New Jersey, September 4, 2013) – Surprisingly, almost a year has gone by and a great many Garden State homeowners still have no comprehensive backup plan if extreme weather occurs and the power goes out for an extended period of time. Following hurricanes, snowstorms and unexpected weather events, uninterrupted power is more than a luxury to those with special needs. It is an absolute necessity.
This is especially true of families with newborns and infants, individuals with medical conditions or the elderly. People with home offices or who run a business from their home may face a significant impact on their ability to earn a living. In situations like these, the smartest and safest answer is a whole house standby generator.
One company, Meyer & Depew, a leader in whole house standby generator installation and maintenance , is helping Central and Northern New Jersey residents prepare for future power outages by offering an at-home consultation and analysis of their emergency power needs at no charge.
WHY CHOOSE A WHOLE HOUSE STANDBY GENERATOR?
Beyond the technical superiority of whole house standby generators, which Meyer & Depew specializes in, Bobby Ring, president, says, “The greatest benefit is how they maintain the safety and continuity of life during significant power disruptions to your home, your neighborhood, or in rare occasions, an entire region.”
The generators, which Meyer & Depew installs, provide a number of key advantages:
· 24/7 power protection: whole house standby generators can detect the loss of utility power and turn on automatically. This important feature helps prevent basement flooding, mold damage, spoiled food or security system failure even if you are away from home and the power goes out.
· There are no extension cords to connect and no gasoline cans to store or refill: home generators run on propane or natural gas thereby eliminating the inconvenience of looking for fuel during times of scarcity.
· Safety by design: the hazards of portable gasoline-powered generators caused by excessive heat, noxious exhaust fumes and improper wiring are eliminated.
THE TRUE VALUE OF WHOLE HOUSE STANDBY GENERATORS
Some key advantages that consumers will benefit from when outfitting their homes with a whole house standby generator include:
· Keeping you working: many people now work out of their homes and many small to mid-sized businesses require backup power to prevent lost productivity, lost computer records, lost sales, and lost revenue.
· Keeping you healthy: people who rely on medication that is temperature sensitive and needs to be kept in a refrigerated environment, such as the elderly who suffer from insulin-dependent diabetes or from other serious conditions, would be assured that their medication is safe and protected from an uninterrupted source of electricity.
· Keeping you connected: during times of power loss maintaining communication can be essential for information about friends, family and the status of recovery. Ensuring that your phones, radios and TVs are powered and working can be the difference between experiencing troubling uncertainty and having the peace of mind through reassuring information.
· Keeping you comfortable: depending on the season, a fully automated whole house standby generator is vital to keeping you warm during cold winter nights or cool during hot summer days. Ensuring that your heating, air conditioning and water heaters are working normally is essential to maintaining a safe, healthy environment.
Bobby Ring offers some valuable advice, “Choosing a company to install a whole house standby generator is just as important as the unit itself. Look for an installer that works directly with the manufacturer and has its own team of certified technicians. Make certain they offer maintenance and provide a warranty on both the workmanship and the unit. Finally, inquire about how much experience they have and make sure they’ve received lots of high marks for consumer satisfaction.”
Central and Northern New Jersey Homeowners can get more information about a Meyer & Depew no-charge whole house generator consultation by calling 800-246-4342 or visiting www.meyer-depew.com/standby-generators .
About Meyer & Depew Co.
Meyer & Depew, located in Kenilworth, NJ, provides outstanding heating and cooling solutions to customers in Central and Northern New Jersey. Its team of highly trained technicians install and maintain heating and cooling systems with the highest levels of professionalism and customer satisfaction. President Bobby Ring was recently featured as an HVAC expert on a Dateline story in which he evaluated questionable recommendations made by a number of HVAC technicians.
For more information, please visit www.meyer-depew.com or contact:
Meyer & Depew
For additional press information, please contact:
- Contact Information
- Ed Delia
- Delia Associates
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.