CES Unveiled TEL AVIV Will Open with TASE Bell Ceremony; Intel Israel’s Mooly Eden to Deliver Keynote Address; U.S. Ambassador to Speak
CEA announces programming and speakers for inaugural event leading up to 2014 CES
Arlington, VA – The Consumer Electronics Association (CEA)® today announced programming and speakers for its inaugural CES Unveiled TEL AVIV, including an opening bell ceremony of the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange (TASE) to kick off the day. This invitation only event will showcase the dynamism of the technology industry and serve as a precursor to the 2014 International CES, the world’s gathering place for all who thrive on the business of consumer technologies. CES Unveiled TEL AVIV will debut global research, CES news and showcase products and technologies that are revolutionizing daily life. The event is scheduled for Monday, October 7, 2013 in Tel Aviv, Israel.
“Israel is a vital part of the world technology community and we couldn’t be more excited to bring our CES Unveiled event series to Tel Aviv,” said Gary Shapiro, president and CEO, CEA. “Our audience of CE executives, Israeli media, industry buyers and financial investors will have the opportunity to interact with hand-selected, mind-blowing technologies and hear from industry visionaries at this first-year event.”
CES Unveiled Tel Aviv will run from 9:45 a.m.-3 p.m. at the Hilton, Tel Aviv. The following schedule of events highlights a dynamic program and serves to announce event speakers:
CES Unveiled TEL AVIV
Monday, October 7, 2013
Hilton Tel Aviv, Tel Aviv, Israel
9:45-9:50 a.m. - Tel Aviv Stock Exchange Opening Bell Ceremony (TASE)
• Ester Levanon, CEO, TASE will open trading day with CEA’s Gary Shapiro, the U.S. Ambassador to Israel and top CEO’s of the Israeli hi-tech industry
9:50-9:55 a.m. - Opening Remarks
• Daniel J. Shapiro, U.S. Ambassador to Israel
9:55-10:15 a.m. - CES Unveiled TEL AVIV Keynote Address
• Mooly Eden, president, Intel Israel
• Eden joined Intel in 1982 and has held numerous technical and management positions in Intel’s microprocessor design, including the development of mobile microprocessors and chipsets. As vice president of the Mobile Platforms Group, he was responsible for driving growth in the notebook computing segment and netbook categories. In 2009, he was promoted to vice president and general manager of the PC client group, overseeing platform planning, architecture, enabling and marketing of Intel’s PC solutions for the desktop and mobile computing segments.
10:15-10:30 a.m. - 2014 International CES Preview
• Gary Shapiro, president and CEO, CEA
10:30-11:15 a.m. - Global Consumer Tech Trends, the 2014 CES and Implications for Israel
• Shawn DuBravac, chief economist & senior director of research, CEA
• CEA’s chief economist will address the state of the consumer technology industry in Israel while highlighting worldwide trends and implications for the Israeli marketplace. Gain unique insights and intelligence into today’s thriving consumer tech industry with a deep dive into local consumer profiles, usage, ownership and purchase intentions. DuBravac will reveal drivers and deterrents for consumer technology adoption, quantify levels of country-specific innovation and showcase emerging global tech trends likely to unfold at the 2014 International CES.
11:15 a.m.–Noon - Innovation in Business Panel Discussion
• Gary Shapiro, president and CEO, CEA
• Meir Brand, managing director, Google Israel, South Africa & Greece
• Dan Inbar, CEO, N-trig
• Dr. Yoelle Maarek, head of Yahoo! Labs, Israel
• Dov Moran, founder and CEO, Comingo
• Dr. Yossi Vardi, tech entrepreneur
Panelists bring individual experiences to share varied viewpoints for what it takes to be a successful innovator in business today.
Noon–3 p.m. - Tabletop Exhibition and Networking Event
Product showcase and networking event will feature more than two dozen exhibitor tabletops, including a dedicated area to showcase startup companies and entrepreneurs with technologies suitable for the Eureka Park TechZone at the 2014 International CES®. A full list of exhibiting companies will be announced in the coming weeks.
CES Unveiled TEL AVIV brings innovative technology companies, top media and key industry influences together leading up to the 2014 International CES which will run January 7-10, 2014, in Las Vegas, Nevada. Places at CES Unveiled TEL AVIV are limited, and are reserved for members of the media, CE industry analysts, the investor community and executives of Israel’s high-tech industry.
Companies interested in exhibiting at the 2013 CES Unveiled TEL AVIV should contact Tira Baror at tbaror@CE.org. Editorial press interested in covering the event, please contact Allison Fried at afried@CE.org. For more event information, visit http://cesweb.org/Events/CES-Unveiled/.
Note to Editors: The official name of the global technology event is “International CES.” Subsequent references to the show can be shortened to “CES.” Please do not use “Consumer Electronics Show” to refer to the International CES.
The International CES is the world’s gathering place for all who thrive on the business of consumer technologies. It has served as the proving ground for innovators and breakthrough technologies for more than 40 years—the global stage where next-generation innovations are introduced to the marketplace. As the largest hands-on event of its kind, CES features all aspects of the industry. And because it is owned and produced by the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA), the technology trade association representing the $203 billion U.S. consumer electronics industry, it attracts the world’s business leaders and pioneering thinkers to a forum where the industry’s most relevant issues are addressed.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.