PlayStation®4 (PS4™) Launches November 15 In North America, November 29 In Europe And Latin America
33 Diverse Launch Frame Software Titles to be Available by End of the Year From Brand New Titles to Popular Franchises. Also Announces Support of Live Game Play Streaming Service, Twitch.
Tokyo - Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCEI) today announced that the PlayStation®4 (PS4™) (CUH-1000A series) computer entertainment system will launch on November 15, 2013 in the Canada and U.S., and from November 29, 2013 in Europe including Australia, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom. The PS4™ will also launch in the following 10 Latin American countries on November 29: Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Mexico, Panama and Peru*1.
PS4™ is a next generation computer entertainment system that redefines rich and immersive gameplay with powerful graphics and speed, deeply integrated social capabilities, and innovative second-screen features utilizing devices such as PlayStation®Vita (PS Vita). SCE will continue to offer breakthrough gaming and entertainment experiences to users by further enriching the services available on PS4™ such as PSNSM and PlayStation®Plus*2, a membership service offering members exclusive content and features, while enhancing the PS4™ system itself through future system software updates. As part of this initiative, PS4™ will support Twitch, a live internet streaming service devoted to video gaming, concurrently with the release of the system. Since its launch in 2011, Twitch has earned remarkable popularity worldwide as a live streaming video platform oriented towards video gaming, gathering more than 38 million visitors per month*3. PS4™ users can easily broadcast their gameplay to their Twitch channel in real-time to gaming fans across the world, by simply hitting DUALSHOCK®4 wireless controller’s “SHARE button”.
A total of 15 Blu-ray Disc™ titles developed by SCE Worldwide Studios (SCE WWS) and numerous software developers and publishers from around the globe will be released between the launch of PS4™ and December 31st. Combined with digital download titles, an astounding 33 titles will be available before the end of the year*4.
PlayStation®4 Launch Frame Title Line-up
(Publishers listed in Alphabetical Order) Total of 15 titles
Game Title | Publisher | Genre | Release Format
- NBA® 2K14 | 2K Games | Sports Sim | Blu-ray Disc™/PS Store Digital Download
- Call of Duty®: Ghosts | Activision | First person shooter | Blu-ray Disc™/PS Store Digital Download
- Skylanders Swap Force | Activision | Action Platformer | Blu-ray Disc™
- Need for Speed: Rivals | Electronic Arts Inc. | Racing | Blu-ray Disc™/PS Store Digital Download
- Battlefield™ 4 | Electronic Arts Inc. | First person shooter | Blu-ray Disc™/PS Store Digital Download
- Madden 25 | Electronic Arts Inc. | Sports Sim | Blu-ray Disc™/PS Store Digital Download
- FIFA 14 | Electronic Arts Inc. | Sports Sim | Blu-ray Disc™/PS Store Digital Download
- NBA Live | Electronic Arts Inc. | Sports Sim | Blu-ray Disc™/PS Store Digital Download
- Killzone™: Shadow Fall | Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. | First person shooter | Blu-ray Disc™/PS Store Digital Download
- #DRIVECLUB | Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. | Racing | Blu-ray Disc™/PS Store Digital Download
- Knack | Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. | Action Platformer | Blu-ray Disc™/PS Store Digital Download
- Assassins Creed® Black Flag™ | Ubisoft Entertainment | Action Adventure | Blu-ray Disc™/PS Store Digital Download
- Watch_Dogs™ | Ubisoft Entertainment | Action Adventure | Blu-ray Disc™/PS Store Digital Download
- Just Dance 2014 | Ubisoft Entertainment | Music & Rhythm | Blu-ray Disc™/PS Store Digital Download
- LEGO® Marvel™ Superheroes | Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment | Action Platformer | Blu-ray Disc™/PS Store Digital Download
There are currently more than 180 PS4™ titles*5 in development, and in addition to these exciting launch titles, Destiny™ from Activision Publishers, Inc. / Bungie, Inc., Diablo®III from Blizzard Entertainment, Inc., Mad Max © from Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, Witcher 3 from CD Projekt, The Divison from Ubisoft Entertainment, Dragon Age from Electronic Arts, as well as Shadow of the Beast, The Order:1886, inFamous™: Second Son, Rime, Hell Divers, Everybody’s Gone to The Rapture, and Resogun from SCE WWS are expected to be released for PS4™. This incredible line-up reflects the strong support for PS4™ among virtually every software developer and publisher and within the independent development community. Since June 2013, the number of developers joining has increased from nearly 500 to 620.
Furthermore, SCE will pre-install THE PLAYROOM, in all PS4™ systems. THE PLAYROOM includes a tutorial session where users will be able to learn how to use various features of DUALSHOCK®4 Wireless Controller such as the touch pad and light bar. Those users who also own PlayStation®Camera will be able to enjoy content within THE PLAYROOM that utilizes augmented reality technology such as “AR BOTS” and “PLAY WITH ASOBI” where users can engage with robot type characters displayed on the screen, and “AR HOCKEY”, an air hockey game where users can change the shape of the court by moving and rotating the DUALSHOCK®4 in different directions.
SCE will continuously expand the world of PS4™ through further introduction of attractive content and services.
*1 Country names are listed in alphabetical order.
*2 Digital service offerings vary by country.
*3 Information as of August 2013.
*4 Information as of August 2013. Release titles may differ according to country/region. Release dates may be changed depending on individual titles. Please refer to attached sheet for game titles available only for digital downloads.
*5 Includes title lineup to be released from PS4 launch through December.
- Product name PlayStation®4
- Color Jet Black
- Product code CUH-1000A series
- Release date
North America: November 15, 2013
Europe: November 29, 2013
Latin America: November 29, 2013
- Recommended retail price US$ 399, Canada$ 399, € 399, and £ 349
- Main Processor
Single-chip custom processor
CPU : x86-64 AMD “Jaguar”, 8 cores
GPU : 1.84 TFLOPS, AMD next-generation Radeon™ based graphics engine
- Memory GDDR5 8GB
- Storage size 500GB Hard disk drive*1
- External dimensions
Approx. 275×53×305 mm (width × height × length)
(tentative, excludes largest projection)
- Mass Approx. 2.8 kg
- BD/ DVD drive (read only) BD × 6 CAV - DVD × 8 CAV
- Input/ Output Super-Speed USBx (USB 3.0) port × 2 - AUX port × 1
Ethernet （10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T）×1
IEEE 802.11 b/g/n
- Power AC 100-240V, 50/60Hz
- Power consumption Max. 250W
- Operating Temperature 5 ºC – 35ºC
- AV output HDMI out port - DIGITAL OUT (OPTICAL) port
PlayStation®4 system × 1
Wireless Controller (DUALSHOCK®4) × 1
Mono headset × 1
AC power cord × 1
HDMI cable × 1
USB cable × 1
*1 The hard disk drive contains space that is available for users and space that is reserved for the system, therefore the actual space that is free for users is smaller than the total space stated in this document.
* Design and specifications are subject to change without notice.
About Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
Recognized as the global leader and company responsible for the progression of consumer-based computer entertainment, Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCEI) manufactures, distributes, develops and markets the PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) handheld entertainment system, the PlayStation®3 (PS3®) computer entertainment system and the PlayStation®Vita (PS Vita) portable entertainment system. SCEI has revolutionized home entertainment since they launched PlayStation in 1994. PlayStation®2 further enhanced the PlayStation legacy as the core of home networked entertainment. PSP® broadens the entertainment experiences into the portable arena. PS3® is an advanced computer system, incorporating the powerful Cell Broadband Engine and RSX processors. PSNSM, that includes PlayStation®Store, delivers unparalleled online gaming experience to PlayStation users. PS Vita is an ultimate portable entertainment system that offers a revolutionary combination of rich gaming and social connectivity. SCEI also delivers the PlayStation® experience to open operating systems through PlayStation®Mobile, a cross device platform. PlayStation®4, available this holiday season, is the next generation computer entertainment system that redefines rich and immersive gameplay with powerful graphics and speed, intelligent personalization and deeply integrated social capabilities. Headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, SCEI, along with its affiliated companies, Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC., and Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Ltd., and its division companies, Sony Computer Entertainment Japan Asia develops, publishes, markets and distributes hardware and software, and manages the third party licensing programs for these platforms in the respective markets worldwide.
PlayStation, DUALSHOCK are registered trademarks and PS4 and PSN are trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment, Inc. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.