BMC AppZone Delivers Single Point of Access to Cloud, Mobile, Custom and Desktop Apps
Acquisition of Partnerpedia furthers strategy to capitalize on consumerization of enterprise IT
SAN FRANCISCO – BMC Software (NASDAQ: BMC) today introduced BMC AppZone, a cloud-based enterprise app store that gives enterprise employees easy, efficient and secure access to a wide array of cloud, mobile, custom and desktop applications – all from any device and any location.
Acquired through the purchase of Partnerpedia, BMC AppZone delivers the same high-quality experience to individuals at work that they receive at home from consumer marketplaces such as Apple iTunes, Amazon App Store and Google Play. Like BMC MyIT, BMC AppZone is designed to dramatically reduce IT friction for both workers and IT organizations.
Key Points to Know
* This is a big problem for employees. Study after study shows workers are spending too much time at work trying to find, gain approval, download and install applications. Many companies have different points of access for different kinds of apps -- an approach both IT professionals and employees find confusing and frustrating.
* It’s a big IT headache too. Rapid acceleration of BYOD and overprovisioning of corporate apps pose immense management and risk-related challenges for IT departments.
* It’s a huge market opportunity. A recent article in CIO reported the results of a survey on the enterprise app store trend by Partnerpedia, the company recently acquired by BMC. The survey found that 86 percent of enterprises want a self-serve approach to app distribution.
* BMC has the best solution, and it’s available now. BMC AppZone delivers an award-winning native and web experience across all devices, reducing to mere minutes an app distribution process that previously took hours – all while ensuring compliance with corporate security rules. A growing number of top global companies have deployed the Partnerpedia products on which BMC AppZone is based, and several top analyst firms that identified the enterprise app store as a crucial part of the accelerating consumerization trend in enterprise IT.
* Kia Behnia, CTO, BMC Software: “Apps are the most common way for most people to experience the benefits of cloud, and the explosion in the number of business applications -- which are being deployed across many different devices -- is driving a profound ‘consumerization’ trend in enterprise IT. Corporate IT departments are becoming much more focused on enabling big gains in personal productivity and removing ‘IT friction’ from the employee experience. BMC continues to lead the market in supporting this strategic shift in IT, as evidenced by our launch of BMC MyIT this past spring, our acquisition of Partnerpedia and our rapid introduction of BMC AppZone.”
* Chris Hazelton, Research Director - Mobile & Wireless, 451 Research: “IT needs to provide a centralized portal for employees to find the key apps they need to do their jobs regardless of the device they’re using. Delivering this app storefront allows IT to push the right cloud, mobile, or desktop app to the right employee, making both the employee productive and IT happy.
Founded in 1996, Partnerpedia was privately held and headquartered in Vancouver, British Columbia with additional offices in Morgan Hill, California. Terms of the deal were not disclosed. The acquisition closed on July 10, 2013.
RSS Feed for BMC Software: http://www.bmc.com/subscriptions/?intcmp=foot_sub_rss
Business runs on IT. IT runs on BMC Software.
Business runs better when IT runs at its best. Tens of thousands of IT organizations around the world -- from small and mid-market businesses to the Global 100 -- rely on BMC Software (NASDAQ: BMC) to manage their business services and applications across distributed, mainframe, virtual and cloud environments. BMC helps customers cut costs, reduce risk and achieve business objectives with the broadest choice of IT management solutions, including industry-leading Business Service Management and Cloud Management offerings. For the four fiscal quarters ended March 31, 2013, BMC revenue was approximately $2.2 billion. www.bmc.com
BMC, BMC Software, and the BMC Software logo are the exclusive properties of BMC Software, Inc., are registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, and may be registered or pending registration in other countries. All other BMC trademarks, service marks, and logos may be registered or pending registration in the U.S. or in other countries. All other trademarks or registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners. © Copyright 2013 BMC Software, Inc.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.