Museum of London to attract 1.5 million visitors a year
The Museum of London today announced its new five-year strategic plan. The strategy commits the Museum of London and Museum of London Docklands to a combined target of 1.5 million visitors every year by 2017/18, and to engage with every school child in London.
The ambitious plan is the design of new Director Sharon Ament, who joined the Museum of London in September 2012. Sharon Ament’s vision for the museum is to inspire a passion for London through five objectives:
1. Reach more people - 1.5 million visitors per year to Museum of London and Museum of London Docklands;
2. Become better known - involvement in ten big London issues leading to increased awareness of the Museum of London brand, as well as the location of the two museums;
3. Stretch thinking – more frequent use of collections for research and significantly increased research activity and its impact;
4. Engage every school child – engagement with over 850,000 school children (representing every school child in London);
5. Stand on our own two feet – generation of £100m total income across all our sources of funding including public funding from GLA and City of London, sponsorship, other fundraising commercial revenue and ticket sales.
Work to meet the objectives of the plan is already underway with a significant investment in audience research helping the organisation to better understand the needs of visitors and grow its audience.
Sharon Ament, Director of the Museum of London, said:
“Today’s challenges demand strength of vision and a future plan that will capture the imagination of many. Our passion for London is infectious and is born out of our commitment to exploring the ever-changing story of this great world city. Through the creative deployment of our talent and by focusing precisely we will ensure that the Museum of London functions at its optimum. This will mean that we can deliver the very best for our audiences and secure a long and sustainable future.”
‘Inspiring a Passion for London’, the Museum of London’s five-year plan, can be downloaded from www.museumoflondon.org.uk/strategicplan.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.