TMC to Hold Annual Safety Events for Children
Toyota City, Japan, —Toyota Motor Corporation (TMC) is planning to hold Toyota Safety School safety events for children in two locations: at the Toyota Kaikan Exhibition Hall here from mid-May to mid-July, and at the Toyota Safety Education Center “mobilitas” at Fuji Speedway in Shizuoka Prefecture in May and October.
Since 1975, TMC has held an annual Toyota Safety School event to teach fundamental traffic rules—such as proper ways of using pedestrian crossings—to children from kindergartens, nursery schools and company day-care centers in and around Toyota City.
In 2006, with the cooperation of the local government, TMC also began conducting the Toyota Safety School in “mobilitas” for local area kindergarten and nursery school children and their guardians in Oyama-cho, Sunto-gun, Shizuoka Prefecture.
TMC has reaffirmed its commitment to traffic safety as its top priority, based on the belief that creating a society free of traffic casualties requires an integrated approach encompassing the development of ever-safer cars and technology, improvement of the traffic environment, and traffic safety education. This year’s traffic-safety awareness campaign is one of TMC’s many continuing efforts toward that end.
Outline of the 39th Toyota Safety School in Toyota City
Location: Toyota Kaikan (Exhibition Hall), Toyota City, Aichi Prefecture
Dates: May 17 to July 12 (excluding May 27-29, June 7-18 and, July 4, 5 and 11, Saturdays and Sundays)
Participants: Children from 107 kindergartens, nursery schools, and company day-care centers (approx. 4,500 children) in Toyota City, Okazaki City, Nishin City, Miyoshi City, and Togo-cho
Presenters: Safety Man, Safety Woman and Kukku mascot
Main content: Participant children will learn about traffic-safety rules through enjoying a performance, a quiz, and other events. They will also watch a video and will be encouraged to think about dangers around them.
09:20 to 10:10 - Self-guided tour of the Toyota Kaikan
10:10 to 10:50
- Sound matching quiz to help teach children about traffic-related sounds such as car horns
- A performance to teach traffic safety rules starring TMC safety mascots to encourage children to think about nearby dangers
- Street-crossing practice at a traffic light
10:50 to 11:00 - Commemorative photo
Outline of the 8th Toyota Safety School in ’mobilitas’, Shizuoka Prefecture
Location: Toyota Safety Education Center “mobilitas”, Fuji Speedway, Oyama-cho, Sunto-gun, Shizuoka Prefecture
Dates: May 23, 24 and October 16, 17
Participants: Children from eight kindergartens and nursery schools (approx. 190 children and approx. 190 guardians)
Presenters: Road Safety Instructor and Kukku mascot
- Through the use of real vehicles in a special traffic-safety facility, participant children will learn about traffic-safety rules and the dangers of running out into the street.
- A briefing will be given to guardians on child behavior, accident case studies, and the importance of teaching children traffic safety.
09:15 to 10:05
- For children: Video on traffic safety, learning about how to walk on roads
- For guardians: Presentation on child behavior, accident case studies, and correct installation of child safety seats (hands-on practice)
10:05 to 11:05
- For children: Presentation on proper way to cross the street, meaning of different traffic signals and dangers of running into the street
- For guardians: Presentation on checking blind spots while driving
11:05 to 11:30 Review, presentation of completion certificate and commemorative photo
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.