Eni Shareholders Approve 2012 Financial Statements at Annual Meeting
2012 net profit €9.07 billion
- Total dividend per share for 2012 of €1.08
- Remuneration Report approved
- Authorisation to the Board of Directors to acquire treasury shares
Rome, – The Ordinary General Meeting of Eni’s shareholders which was held today, resolved the following:
-to approve Eni S.p.A.’s Financial Statements at 31 December 2012, which reported a net profit amounting to 9,078,358,525.02 euro;
-to allocate net profit for the period of 9,078,358,525.02 euro, of which 7,122,048,121.80 euro remain following the distribution of the 2012 interim dividend of 0.54 euro per share, approved by the Board of Directors on 20 September 2012, as follows:
- an amount of 2,603,272,923.40 euro to the reserve required by Article 6, paragraph 1, letter a) of Legislative Decree no. 38 of 28 February 2005;
- an amount of 3,391,234,297.34 euro to the optional reserve;
- the remaining profit and where necessary, using the available reserve, allocated to shareholders in the form of a dividend of 0.54 euro per share owned and outstanding at the ex-dividend date, thus completing payment of the dividend for the financial year 2012. The total dividend per share for financial year 2012 therefore amounts to 1.08 euro per share;
-the payment of the balance of the 2012 dividend amounting to 0.54 euro, payable starting from 23May 2013, with an ex-dividend date of 20 May 2013 and a record date of 22 May 2013;
-in favour of the first section of the Remuneration report regarding the company’s policy on the remuneration of board directors, general managers and executives with strategic responsibilities and the procedures used to adopt and implement this policy;
-to cancel, for the portion not yet implemented as of the date of the Shareholders’ Meeting, the authorisation for the Board of Directors to acquire treasury shares as resolved at the Shareholders’ Meeting of 16 July 2012;
-to authorise the Board of Directors to purchase on the Mercato Telematico Azionario - in one or more transactions and in any case within 18 months from the date of the resolution - up to a maximum number of 363,000,000 ordinary Eni shares, for a price of no less than €1.102 and not more than the official price reported by the Borsa Italiana for the shares on the trading day prior to each individual transaction, plus 5%, and in any case up to a total amount of €6,000,000,000.00, in accordance with the procedures established in the Rules of the Markets organised and managed by Borsa Italiana S.p.A. In order to respect the limit envisaged in the third paragraph of Article 2357 of the Italian Civil Code, the number of shares to be acquired and the relative amount shall take into account the number and amount of Eni shares already held in the portfolio.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.