How Agile is Your Company? New HD Videoconferencing from TANDBERG Takes Aim at Leading CEO Concern
Easy-to-Use High-Definition Solutions Provide True-to-Life Visual Experience
NEW YORK and OSLO, Norway, July 17, 2006 -- Signaling the arrival of a new era in visual communication, TANDBERG (OSLO: TAA:OL) today introduces high-definition group and personal videoconferencing systems. With more than 75% of CEOs citing speed, flexibility and adaptability among their chief or single greatest concerns (The Conference Board CEO Challenge 2006), TANDBERG’s new HD systems provide a true-to-life environment for increasing workforce collaboration and innovation.
Featuring brilliant clarity, colors and performance, TANDBERG HD video brings increasingly dispersed teams and individuals together in a rich, interactive environment for knowledge-sharing and accelerated decision-making.
“TANDBERG HD videoconferencing will change the way people communicate,“ said Fredrik Halvorsen, TANDBERG chief executive officer. ”To outpace the competition, organizations must increase the speed and accuracy of information. With high-definition video in offices and meeting rooms, distributed teams can communicate with a clarity and frequency never before possible – it is as productive as sitting across the same desk"
TANDBERG’s easy-to-use HD video systems will automatically select the optimal video quality for the bandwidth available. They also offer CD-quality audio, encryption and dual stream support for displaying participants and presentations at the same time. From one-on-one interactions to team meetings, TANDBERG’s total HD solution includes:
* Centric 1700 MXP: For HD right at your desk, the Centric 1700 MXP is a complete personal system that operates as a visual control center. The 20" flat-screen monitor seamlessly switches between PC content and HD video calls. HD at the desk allows busy executives to manage their remote teams face-to-face.
* PrecisionHD Camera: A key component to TANDBERG’s HD group systems, the camera features High Definition (720p) in a 16:9 video format, 7xzoom and 70-degrees field-of-view to accommodate large groups. The sleekly designed camera also offers comprehensive image control, fast and smooth video handling and 180-degree pan for complete side-to-side movement.
* Edge Series: Bring teams together into a virtual meeting room to react, plan or create at a moment’s notice. The slim bookshelf system includes a codec, microphone and TANDBERG’s PrecisionHD camera to easily turn any workspace with a flat screen into an interactive situation room. Edge models include the 95 MXP, 85 MXP and 75 MXP.
* Profile Series: Deliver the true-to-life, HD experience to small, medium and large groups. Add digital devices for a superior multimedia experience. Fully integrated, Profile systems feature the TANDBERG PrecisionHD camera and include the 8000 MXP, 6000 MXP, 3000 MXP and Maestro MXP.
* TANDBERG Total Solution: Upgrades to TANDBERG’s full suite of infrastructure products—including the MPS multipoint control units, Border Controller and Gatekeeper products—provide a seamless and secure solution for deploying HD video. Software updates include full HD support, improved interoperability, enhanced security, and Optimal Voice Switching for maximizing system performance.
Making video as easy to manage as it is to use, TANDBERG also announced updates to the TANDBERG Management Suite (TMS). TMS can now be purchased with the optional TANDBERG Management Server, an easy-to-deploy, turnkey solution for managing small- to mid-sized installations. In addition, TMS now includes the ability to manage systems outside of your internal network, including scheduling, booking, diagnostics and reporting. This new feature further promotes the widespread deployment of video to remote and home offices.
TANDBERG HD systems, infrastructure upgrades and TANDBERG Management Server are shipping today.
TANDBERG is a leading global provider of visual communication products and services with dual headquarters in New York and Norway. TANDBERG designs, develops and markets systems and software for video, voice and data. The company provides sales, support and value-added services in more than 90 countries worldwide. TANDBERG is publicly traded on the Oslo Stock Exchange under the ticker TAA.OL. Please visit www.tandberg.net for more information.
TANDBERG is a trademark or registered trademark in the U.S. and other countries. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
- Contact Information
- Jean Rosauer
- Contact via E-mail
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.