Celebrating Five Years Of Preserving The Black Family
For the fifth consecutive year, the EBONY Black Family Reunion Tour (EBFRT) is bringing Black families together in an interactive setting, providing them with tools to enhance their lifestyle. Presented by EBONY magazine, Procter & Gamble and GM Goodwrench, this seven-city tour of free community events includes exciting entertainment and activities for the entire family.
Black families across the country host reunions to revive, maintain and strengthen relationships with extended relatives, and the EBFRT is designed to celebrate this historical tradition by bringing the community together as a part of a bigger family. The tour emphasizes the value of fellowship and the importance of spending time with loved ones and friends.
“This year’s Tour is important because we understand and value the concept of family and what it means to the Black community,” says Rod Chappell, CEO/President of Grassroots Promotions, LLC. “The Tour will provide attendees with the necessary tools to enhance their lifestyles and help maintain the strong family ties that already exist in our communities.”
Reminiscent of a good old school cookout, the Tour is set in a local park with some of R&B’s best live entertainment from “back in the day,” including performances by MC Lyte and Doug E. Fresh, just to name a few. Radio personality Ms. Dupree from “The Tom Joyner Morning Show” will host the event.
Families can participate in activities such as cooking demonstrations and health screenings.
The one-day event starts at 2 p.m. and attendees can choose from a wide range of activities set in an 8-room simulated home, including:
• Kitchen – Where friends and family gather for good food and good times. EBONY food editor and author of The New EBONY Cookbook, Charlotte Lyons, will host soulful and heart-healthy cooking demonstrations.
• Bathroom – It’s all in your smile. Take the Crest® Irresistible iQ quiz and find out how irresistible you really are!
• Laundry Room – Ah…everything’s clean again! Experience the fresh new Apple Mango Tango scent of Gain® laundry detergent.
• Nursery – The newest addition to your family has arrived! Get valuable information to help you through each stage of your baby’s development. Also, enter for a chance to win a one year supply of Pampers® diapers for your bundle of joy.
• Study – Get the SmartEdge. Learn the ins and outs of automobile financing from the experts at GMAC® and enter for the chance to win an XM satellite radio.
• Family Room – Get tips on planning your next family reunion from an expert at Temple University’s Family Reunion Institute. Enter for the chance to win a family reunion package for you and 14 members of your family, sponsored by EBONY and Delta Airlines.
• Garage – For those families hitting the road to their own family reunion, GM Goodwrench® provides car safety and maintenance tips to get your car road-trip ready. Also test your car care savvy with our trivia quiz and preview three new cars.
• Game Room – Let’s have a little fun! Hang out with your family, kick back and try your hand at dominoes or join a bid whist tournament. And while you’re running that “Boston,” the kids will enjoy the inflatable play area and games.
Attendees will also enjoy free samples of Procter and Gamble products and free checking accounts with Washington Mutual (WAMU) will be available throughout the day. The EBFRT is free and open to the public. For more information, visit www.ebonyfamilyreunion.com or www.ebony.com. Or call 1-866-99-EBFRT (32378).
About EBONY Magazine
EBONY is the #1 African-American magazine in the world, and has retained that position since its founding in 1945. EBONY directly influences several generations of Black families. With a 12 million monthly readership, EBONY is the source Black Americans trust the most when it comes to hearing their side of the story. By using a positive editorial focus, the magazine has cultivated an honest, open relationship with Black consumers that no other publication can match. Visit EBONY on-line at www.ebony.com.
About The Procter & Gamble Company
Two billion times a day, P&G brands touch the lives of people around the world. The company has one of the strongest portfolios of trusted, quality, leadership brands, including Pampers®, Tide®, Ariel®, Always®, Whisper®, Pantene®, Bounty®, Pringles®, Folgers®, Charmin®, Downy®, Lenor®, Iams®, Crest®, Actonel®, Olay®, Clairol Nice ‘n Easy®, Head & Shoulders®, and Wella®. The P&G community consists of almost 110,000 employees worldwide, working in over 80 countries.
For more information on P&G’s longstanding and committed relationship to the African-American community, and the latest news and in-depth information about P&G and its brands, please visit www.pg.com/diversity.
- Contact Information
- Traci Johnson
- Account Supervisor
- Duffey Communications
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.