V12.1 PC-Duo® gets tight with Active Directory
The v12.1 release of the market leading PC-Duo PC Remote Control product enables organisations with sophisticated AD Organisational Units to exploit their OUs in defining remote control session security and privileges.
October 18th Atlanta GA, Montreal and Birmingham UK. Vector Networks announces v12.1 of the long-standing PC-Duo® PC remote control tool. In early summer 2012, Vector introduced Series 12 PC-Duo, with the first stages of an eventual full Web-enablement of this market leading remote control toolset. V12.1, released today, introduces significant new functionality to the Administrator’s Web Console that first appeared in v12.0. The main additions to functionality are -
- Hosts can now be assigned automatically into groups, based on IP address ranges, AD OU structure, by computer name, or by keyword tag.
- Single sign-on has been implemented into the Web Console. The Web Console can now use current Windows logon credentials to connect to other Host machines, so that users no longer have to keep entering their user/password for each Host.
- New UI improvements to the Web Console in general, including a new Quick Connect button next to each Host.
- Configure the duration of automatic timeouts when idle on a Web Console session.
- Limited Administration mode (logging in when all admin licenses are in use) will now allow administrators to terminate existing sessions to free up licenses in the concurrent use mode of PC-Duo On-Demand.
Daniel Martz, head of Customer Support at Vector’s Montreal office, and Technical Lead on PC-Duo, observes - “We see customers making increasingly sophisticated use of their Active Directory Organizational Units. v12.1 enables them to re-exploit the effort and consideration that has gone into defining the OUs, by using the OUs as the basis for differentiating the security requirements for remote control across the spectrum of users they support.”
Erick Yanez, Vector’s CEO, remarks – “PC-Duo ease of deployment and use makes it a popular choice for the SME segment, but the new Console gives us the opportunity to raise the sophistication offered to the larger enterprise customers who continue to prefer PC-Duo’s capabilities to MS RDP.”
PC-Duo is established in IT infrastructure support roles such as PC User Support and Remote Server Management, and also in safety critical 24/7 duties such as Distributed Process Control and Gas Pipeline Monitoring. The international installed base reflects the product’s reputation for flexibility, performance and reliability. Remote control sessions are supported across VPN, WAN and internet infrastructures including slow lines and satellite links as well as high bandwidth LANs.
About Vector Networks
Based in Atlanta, Vector Networks specializes in solutions for desktop asset and service management, change management, issue tracking, and business process automation. Its PC-Duo® brand is synonymous with high-quality enterprise-grade remote control. Vector Networks solutions have been installed and supported in over 20 countries since the company’s formation twenty years ago. With development based in Montreal and a highly mobile sales and support team, the company understands the needs and challenges of multi-site organizations. For further information, visit www.vector-networks.com, or contact the company at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contact Information
- Elyse Fox
- Marketing Manager
- Vector Networks Technologies
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.