Chevrolet, Official Vehicle of Major League Baseball, to Provide More Than 100 E85 Ethanol Compatible Vehicles and Activate Major Promotional Effort to Support All Star Game Activities
2006-07-06, DETROIT - The all-new Chevrolet Avalanche is the official vehicle of this year’s All Star Game and Chevrolet will have a major presence in Pittsburgh where this year’s game will be played on July 11th. In support of its relationship with Major League Baseball (MLB), Chevrolet will host pre-game fan events, post-game MVP celebrations and other activities to introduce consumers to Chevy’s product lineup.
“The All Star Game is the ideal platform to showcase the connection between Chevrolet, America’s brand and baseball, America’s game” said Ed Peper, Chevrolet General Manager. “In addition to having a major presence in and around PNC Park, we’re proud to provide Major League Baseball with more than 100 E85 Ethanol compatible Avalanches, Suburbans, Tahoes and Impalas to support the All Star Game activities, ” said Peper.
Following are highlights of Chevy’s MLB All-Star Game promotional and marketing activities:
* Chevrolet is providing a fleet of more than 100 E85 Ethanol compatible Avalanches, Suburbans, Tahoes and Impalas to MLB for use throughout All-Star Game week. The Chevy vehicles will be badged with the gold Chevrolet bowtie and All-Star Game logo.
* MLB All-Star FanFest (July 7-11): Considered baseball’s largest interactive fan experience, FanFest features interactive attractions, skill clinics, seminars, free autographs from MLB legends, a collector’s showcase of memorabilia and more. During the Fest, Chevrolet will have 11 vehicles on display including Avalanche, Tahoe, Suburban, Impala SS, Cobalt SS, HHR, Silverado (displaying the World Series MVP Trophy) and Corvette Z06, consumer contests with prizes, XM radio giveaways and a dedicated E85 display where consumers can learn more about the alternative fuel.
* All Access Music Tour as part of the MLB Sponsor Zone (July 9-11): Chevrolet will set up its All Access Music Tour, an interactive music display of pop culture memorabilia and interactive consumer experiences that will provide consumers with rare access to music memorabilia including Elvis’ jumpsuit, an Elton John stage outfit and Big Kenny’s hat from the Big & Rich “Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy” video. The Tour display also includes a full stage which will host performances by various XM Satellite Radio and CMT artists on Sunday, July 9, 3:30 p.m.; Monday, July 10, 6:45 p.m.; Tuesday, July 11, 6 p.m. Chevy will also integrate vehicle displays of the Corvette Z06, Impala SS, HHR, Tahoe and two Avalanches (one placed on a scissor lift) throughout the Sponsor Zone.
* All-Star Parade (July 11): Chevy will integrate 65 red, white and blue E-85 Ethanol compatible Chevrolet Avalanches into the parade route escorting players to PNC Park.
* “9 in 9” online consumer-promotion on foxsports.com: During the All Star Game, consumers can answer questions online about baseball and the new Chevrolet ’love affair’ T.V. commercial and enter to win a prize every inning. The final winner (9th inning) wins what the All Star Game M.V.P. wins - a new Chevrolet Avalanche.
* Three Chevrolet billboards featuring Pittsburgh Pirate, Jason Bay
* Five, 16- ft. Chevy and MLB-branded baseballs floating in the Monongahela river beginning Saturday throughout the All Star Game festivities
* Chevrolet is the presenting sponsor of the prestigious Ted Williams MVP trophy. Chevrolet general manager, Ed Peper and MLB Commissioner Bud Selig will present the MVP award and keys to the Chevy of his choice on-field immediately following the game.
In addition to activating promotions in and around PNC Park in Pittsburgh, Chevrolet launched a new baseball-themed advertising campaign that will run on national television during the game. The new commercial acknowledges, with a wink, the ways in which baseball and Chevrolet have changed over the years.
“While both baseball and Chevrolet have evolved over time, one thing that hasn’t changed is the passion American’s feel for the two,” said Peper. “We’re proud to be running the commercial during the All Star Game which is one of Major League Baseball’s premier properties, watched by a diverse audience of more than 12.3 million people last year,” said Peper.
Chevrolet is America’s No. 1-selling automotive brand. With the largest dealer network in the United States, Chevy is the leader in full-size trucks and the leader in sales of vehicles priced $35,000 and above. In addition, Chevrolet delivers more-than-expected value in every vehicle category, offering cars and trucks priced from $9,890 to $72,235. Chevy delivers expressive design, spirited performance and great value with standard features usually found only on more expensive vehicles. Chevrolet’s global headquarters is at the GM Renaissance Center in Detroit. For more information, go to www.chevy.com.
- Contact Information
- Melisa Tezanos
- Chevrolet Communications
- General Motors Corp.
- Contact via E-mail
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.