Top 5 Tips of How to Choose Art for your Home
Have you aspired to owning Original Art but don’t know how to?
Perth art expert Fleur Allen said while many people love the idea of purchasing original art the majority feel at a complete loss of how to get started.“The majority of people that I meet who have never bought art say the reason why they don’t is because they don’t feel confident or have no experience of how to go about it,” said Ms Allen.“Browsing galleries and online galleries is a perfect starting point to start becoming familiar with what you like or do not like in art,” she said.“Tapping into your own personal opinion and taste is important and highlights the purpose of art that some love it and some don’t and that’s ok.”“It is easy to practice choosing art browsing online in the privacy of your home.”Ms Allen offered the following tips to How to Choose Art for your Home:
- Start with one artwork for one space in your home (measure the space for approx dimensions)
- Decide on the purpose of the artwork. For example, what mood, impression or feeling you wish to create?
- View art at galleries or online asking yourself - How do I feel about this? (Does it match your purpose?)
- Create a wishlist of the top 3 artworks you wish to consider buying and ‘sleep on it’ if possible to see how you feel refreshed the next day.
- Most galleries will allow you to either have the artwork in your home for a few days to decide if it suits the space and a reputable online gallery will provide some kind of guarantee to allow for this too.
Ms Allen said most people, given the opportunity know what they like and dislike in Art.“Through my experience of listening to people’s art needs I help them make their aspirations a reality.”Ms Allen is the founder and owner of online art gallery Interactive Arts a Perth based business providing both online and offline opportunities to view and experience art. All artworks at www.InteractiveArts.com.au are for sale and available to view before purchasing. Fleur Allen has a lifetime of experience assisting people to experience and engage with the arts. Prior to her business working at West Australian Opera and Black Swan Theatre Company and as a Volunteer Gallery Guide at the State Art Gallery of Western Australia.
- Contact Information
- Fleur Allen
- Interactive ARts
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.