Auto de Fe magazine launches flagship iPad edition
Ground-breaking new magazine of inquisitive journalism & intelligent photography launches first to iPad and online, with printed edition later in 2012.
Auto de Fe launches iPad edition of magazine.
Auto de Fe magazine Ltd. are pleased to announce that ADF magazine is now completed and the ADF iPad edition has been approved by Apple and published to the iTunes Store.
The online version, for those without iPads, is the second thing to be published and will appear on the ADF website this weekend (23/06/2012).
On the first day, before ADF had even announced launch, the iPad App was being downloaded all over the world. Currently, the most popular countries are the US, UK, China & France.
Auto de Fe is a ground-breaking new magazine of inquisitive journalism and intelligent photography. The iPad edition will feature more content than the online version and will also publish exclusive videos, pictures, interactive media and infographics.
The App is free to download and within the app the first issue costs only $0.99.
Later this year Auto de Fe will publish their first printed edition and eventually four such printed issues per year will be available from the ADF website and certain shops.
Auto de Fe will be the first magazine of its kind which is completely cross-platform. It’s currently being tested on Android, Kindle, Smartphone and Blackberry devices and will soon be available on those too.
Over 70 million iPads have now been sold since its release two years ago. It’s a huge ready-made market for digital magazines.
On top of creating a great magazine, ADF are also one of the few digital publications making a concerted effort to prioritise the payment and support of contributors as they believe this is vital to the survival of quality story-telling in the digital age.
The response from contributors, readers and commentators has been unanimously positive and creative story-tellers from all kinds of backgrounds are keen to work with Auto de Fe.
This is a really exciting time for Auto de Fe magazine and for independent reporting. Auto de Fe is a publication for the inquisitive thinker and for those who are curious and concerned about the world around them.
- Issue 1 of our iPad edition was published on June 19th 2012
- Readers can subscribe to Auto de Fe within the iPad App (download it here) or if they don’t own an iPad by connecting with ADF on Facebook and Twitter or by signing up to the email newsletter.
- Read more about how ADF plans to support & pay their contributors here .
- Issues of Auto de Fe will initially be published every 45 days or roughly every 6 weeks – (8 issues per year.)
- Ultimately, once the team becomes more confident with building such a large magazine, Auto de Fe will be publishing one issue per month (12 per year.)
- The iPad App is free to download.
- Issue 1, within the app, is priced at an introductory cost of $0.99 / €0.69/ £0.69 – Subsequent issues will be $3.49 / €2.99 / £2.49 – Subscription rates are: 3 Months (2 issues) = £3.99 or 12 months (8 issues) = £15.99
- Issue 1 contains great stories from England, the Philippines, Afghanistan, Syria, Nicaragua, Guatemala & India. The cover story features pictures supplied by NASA & ESA that take readers to the edge of the known Universe!
- Auto de Fe founders and staff are available for interview and can even arrange demonstrations of the magazine if geographical constraints allow.
- If you would like to write about Auto de Fe and require high-res pictures and/or iPad previews, please send an email to the office of the executive editor firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: iPad, Apple & the Apple logo are trademarks of Apple Inc, registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPad is a trademark of Apple Inc.
- Contact Information
- Jack Laurenson
- Executive Editor
- Auto de Fe magazine
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.