Wavecom extends its most popular family of Wireless Central Processing units
Launching Wavecom OS 6.57 in the next generation of Quik Q24
Issy-les-Moulineaux, France - June 23, 2006
- Wavecom SA (NASDAQ: WVCM Wavecom SA (NASDAQ: WVCM; Euronext Eurolist compartment B: AVM; ISIN: FR0000073066), a leader in pre-packaged wireless communications solutions for automotive, industrial (machine-to-machine) and mobile professional applications, today announced the extension of the best selling Quik Q24 of long-life wireless CPUs.
The popular Quik Q24 series was first launched in 1999 and is especially designed for embedded industrial machine-to-machine devices. This new extension includes four versions: Q24 Classic, Q24 Plus, Q24 Extended and Q24 Auto; in order to address a variety of wireless devices. The new Q24 family offers ultimate design flexibility with a choice of five different radio connectors and built-in SIM holder option. By being hardware and software compatible with the existing Q24 family, this new series allows for the seamless upgrade of customer products and devices thus saving on new design or re-design costs.
Software in the new Q24 series is based on Wavecom’s operating system Open AT® version OS 6.57 with extended features and functionality including: Enhanced echo cancellation, rapid battery charger, TCP/IP Plug-In (standard in the Plus, Extended and Auto versions) with basic internet protocols (TCP/IP/UDP/DNS) as well as an Internet Plug-In with E-mail (POP3, SMTP) and File Transfer capabilities.
Each member of the new Q24 series family will offer greater DOTA (Download Over-The-Air) capacity making remote e-maintenance and new feature enhancements possible for both the operating system and the application protocols. As with all new Wavecom solutions, software upgrades to any remote device can be done while the equipment is in the field, without ever having to return it to a service center, thereby increasing the device life span and reducing the total cost of ownership.
Commenting on the announcement, Philippe Guillemette, Wavecom’s Chief Technology Officer and Group Vice President of Marketing said: “Wavecom is committed to serving its customers over the long term.” He added, “This product line extension demonstrates our ability to deliver on this commitment to develop machine-to-machine communication solutions, like the Q24 product line, that have a life span of more than 10 years.”
The Q24 family has been designed to meet a variety of industrial wireless needs:
* Wavecom Open AT® software suite provides an open application development environment allowing ANSI C applications to be natively executed directly on the Wireless CPU;
* Internet package; TCP/IP/IDP/DNS, E-mail (POP3, SMTP), File Transfer FTP,
* Enhanced reliability to meet rigid industrial and automotive requirements;
* Long-life platform, extending the availability of the Q24 series for more than 10 years;
* Easy integration and upgrade into a wide variety of wireless machine applications;
* Lead-free certification (RoHS compliant);
* 5-way radio connectivity for ultimate manufacturing flexibility;
* Global cellular network compatibility (Quad-band access: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz).
This new family of solutions is interchangeable with the new RoHS compliant CDMA Q2438 Wireless CPU and can operate worldwide thanks to its quad-band GSM and Codec capability. In addition, the new Q24 family is fully “lead-free” compliant according to RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances) and meets worldwide guidelines of low lead content.
Wavecom is a worldwide leader in pre-packaged wireless communication solutions for automotive, industrial and mobile professional applications. Wavecom’s solutions include all the software and hardware elements that are necessary to develop truly innovative wireless devices, as well as the development tools and services needed to bring them to market quickly and easily.
Founded in 1993 and headquartered near Paris in Issy-les-Moulineaux, Wavecom has subsidiaries in Hong Kong (PRC), San Diego (USA), and Darmstadt (Germany). Wavecom is publicly traded on Euronext Paris (Eurolist) in France and on the NASDAQ (WVCM) in the U.S.
- Contact Information
- Lisa Ann Sanders
- Director, Communications and Investor Relations
- Wavecom SA
- Contact via E-mail
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.