The Harley Medical Group reveals their new dermatologically tested skincare range to help combat troublesome skin.
Although skin acne is largely thought of as a problem affecting teenagers, 50% of all women and 25% of men will have acne at some time in their adult lives.
Although skin acne is largely thought of as a problem affecting teenagers, 50% of all women and 25% of men will have acne at some time in their adult lives. Today with more people experiencing the on-set of acne in their 20’s and 30’s, adults are increasingly searching for effective solutions to help combat the condition.
The Harley Medical Group, UK experts with 28 years’ experience in non-surgical treatments, have launched their debut skincare range, comprising 12 dermatologically tested products which have been tested on patients across the UK. Designed as a proactive daily skincare regime, the range is also recommended to be used in conjunction with prescribed skin treatments, available from each of their 31 clinics nationwide.
Bernadette Harte, Nurse Counsellor at The Harley Medical Group, says: “Adult acne is a real problem and the first question our patient’s ask is why now? Often they had clear skin as a teenager and don’t associate this condition with adulthood. Humidity, stress and hormones are all contributing factors, so with warmer weather approaching and job stress high for many professionals, the summer can equal ‘acne season’ for many adults.
“People most affected by acne will have increased sensitivity in their sebaceous glands, which produce oil. When skin cells become blocked the sebum oil and dead skin cannot escape, resulting in an inflammation around the blocked cells. Bacteria can build-up and in turn produce blackheads, white head and angry, red spots.
“Patients approach us seeking advice on a whole new skincare regime which will not only clear up existing spots, but also prevent the problem from re-occurring. For more troublesome skin, we can combine the skincare products with non-surgical treatments. We’ve treated over 500,000 patients since we opened our first clinic, and harnessed our knowledge to offer our patient’s the most effective treatment combinations possible.”
The Harley Medical Group’s Anti-Acne Guide
- Ultra Anti-Bac Cream (£29 for 30ml) – The cream includes a combination of natural ingredients formulated to help reduce skin breakouts and the appearance of pimples, pustules and comedones for oily skin types. This cream will help calm the skin as well as reduce the amount of sebum produced.
Apply twice daily. Gently rub the cream into the skin on acne affected areas, with attention around typically oily areas such as the nose and chin.
- Gentle Cleanser (£26 for 200ml) – This mild and gentle sweet orange cleanser helps to boost skin cell turnover, help dead skin escape and keeps skin fresh and clear. The orange oil is also shown to relieve nervous tension and stress.
Use twice daily, once in the morning and once in the evening.
- Anti Microbial Cell Renewal Cream (£32 for 30ml) – Ideal for difficult blemishes, the cream contains a blend of active ingredients containing botanical seed extract that increases blood flow and helps to recover skin cell turnover.
Apply a small amount to acne affected areas and allow the cream to fully absorb.
- Replenishing Exfoliator (£35 for 50ml) – Delivers collagen into the skin resulting in a firmer regenerated skin tone. The Vitamin C derivative and Beta Carotene help to promote collagen formation whilst the natural bamboo exfoliator gently removes dead skin cells leaving smoother softer skin.
Use once a week. Apply onto wet skin and massage in circular motions to ensure maximum cell stimulation.
For more stubborn acne, combine skincare products with the below Non-Surgical treatments for maximum results
- Aesthera PPx (from £60) – One of the most highly effective skin rejuvenation treatments, this is the only laser treatment which has been approved by the FDA* for treatment of comedonal acne (blackheads & whiteheads). Visible improvement of lesions can be seen between 24-48 hours after treatment.
For maximum results, book a course of 4-6 treatments.
- Medical Microdermabrasion (from £95) – A mechanical exfoliation treatment which takes away the top layer of dead skin cells by releasing medical grade crystals at a high velocity onto the skin surface, helping to combat acne, blackheads and whiteheads. Following the treatment, the skin is in a better condition to absorb acne creams.
For maximum results, book a course of 6 treatments with 2 weeks apart for each.
- Obagi Blue Peel (£595) – An effective skin peel treatment which helps reduce acne scars and large pores by removing dead skin cells of aged and damaged skin, replacing them with new, healthier cells. Following the treatment, the skin will peel, and heal within 7-10 days giving immediate results and continue to become clearer and healthier for the next 4-6 weeks.
For maximum results, book one treatment every 6-8 weeks.
You can now follow The Harley Medical Group on YouTube – for procedure videos and more.
NOTES TO EDITORS:
The Harley Medical Group is the UK and Ireland’s largest cosmetic surgery provider, performing more procedures and with more clinics than any other cosmetic surgery group. It has been established since 1983 and is one of the most highly regarded Cosmetic Surgery Groups operating in the UK. It has treated over 500,000 patients to date.
The Harley Medical Group works tirelessly to maintain the highest standards in the industry for the benefits all cosmetic surgery and non-surgical patients. We are currently at the forefront of the campaign to ensure that the Government continues to regulate the use of certain laser types used in cosmetic surgery and non-surgical treatments so that patients are protected from rogue practitioners.
In 2004, The Harley Medical Group’s Chairman Mel Braham, at the request of the Department of Health became a member of the department’s Steering Committee, set up to oversee the introduction of new regulations covering the entire Cosmetic Surgery sector. All of The Harley Medical Group’s clinics are registered with the Care Quality Commission. There are now 31 clinics in the UK and Ireland: London (Harley Street, Wimbledon, The City, Chiswick, Finchley & Watford), Marlow, Birmingham, Leeds, Brighton, Bristol, Manchester, Newcastle, Chester, Nottingham, Southampton, Cardiff, Chelmsford, Dublin, Northampton, Cambridge, Maidstone, Belfast, Reading, Sheffield, Liverpool, Bromley, Glasgow, Cheltenham, Leicester and Guildford.
The Harley Medical Group is renowned for introducing and pioneering most new surgical and non-surgical techniques to the UK and Irish markets. All new treatments and techniques are first thoroughly researched and tested before they are submitted for approval by the Group’s Medical Advisory Board.
Imogen Fry or Monique Cockerill
Rain Communications –
020 7828 0118
- Contact Information
- Imogen Fry
- Press Contact
- Rain Communications
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.