Barnes & Noble Announces Black Friday Megadeals on Hottest Holiday Gifts
* Limited Edition NOOK Simple Touch™ at Lowest Price Ever, $79: Available at Barnes & Noble Bookstores Only, While Supplies Last
* Enjoy a 50 Percent Savings on Best Selection of Educational Toys and Games
New York, New York – Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE: BKS), the leading retailer of content, digital media and educational products, announced today the best Black Friday deals on the season’s hottest reading and entertainment products. Among Barnes & Noble’s breakthrough offers, on Friday, November 25 – for one day only – customers will be able purchase a limited edition version of the award-winning NOOK Simple Touch, The World’s #1 Rated Reader, for the amazing low price of only $79. Sold only at Barnes & Noble bookstores on Black Friday while supplies last, this exclusive model features a stylish white border.
NOOK Simple Touch is the world’s best reader at the world’s best value – normally at the low price of $99 without distracting ads – and a must-have this holiday season for anyone who loves to read. With its latest software update, NOOK Simple Touch now has the most advanced E® Ink display with lightning-fast page turns – 25 percent faster than any other E Ink product on the market. And Barnes & Noble has extended NOOK Simple Touch’s best-in-class battery life even further for its customers who love to read for long stretches – up to two months, with an hour of reading a day, all on a single charge. At NOOK Digital Shops™, customers will also be able to experience the incredibly popular NOOK Color™ at a new low price of only $199, as well as the NOOK Tablet™, the company’s fastest, lightest tablet with the best entertainment displayed in stunning VividView™, for just $249.
In addition to NOOK products, customers should shop early to take advantage of this year’s exciting Barnes & Noble Black Friday specials available in stores and online at Barnes & Noble .com, including:
• NOOK Accessories: Enjoy discounts of up to 44 percent online and in stores on NOOK must-haves, including a free Clear Screen Film Kit with purchase of a NOOK Color or NOOK Tablet Power Kit for $24.95, and a free NOOK Simple Touch Power Adapter with purchase of a Lyra Light for $14.95.
• Toys & Games: An incredible 50 percent off of any one item in stores from the world’s best selection of Educational Toys and Games, and select items online. Customers can choose from LEGO, LeapFrog, Melissa & Doug, and many more. This offer is exclusively available on Friday, November 25.
• Top-selling Books: 50 percent off select popular titles online and in stores, including George R. R. Martin’s Game of Thrones Deluxe Edition, John Grisham’s The Litigators, Lee Child’s The Affair, David Baldacci’s Zero Day, Todd Burpo’s Heaven is for Real Deluxe Edition, Annie Leibovitz’s Pilgrimage, Peter A. David’s The Spiderman Vault, and The Art Museum Book, among others.
• Kids & Teens Books: 50 percent of select titles online and in stores, including the bestselling series Maze Runner, by James Dashner, and The Mortal Instruments, by Cassandra Clare, as well as popular picture books such as Dr. Seuss’ The Bippolo Seed, Eric Carle’s The Artist Who Painted a Blue Horse, and Maurice Sendak’s Bumble-Ardy. Also available is Tom Angleberger’s popular Origami Yoda Book series for young readers.
• DVD and Blu-ray: 40-50 percent off select DVD and Blu-ray bestsellers and new releases in stores.
Additional offers, available to customers online and in stores, include:
• A coupon for 30 percent off one item to shop online from Wednesday, November 23, to Sunday, November 27, or redeemable in stores from Friday, November 25, to Sunday, November 27.
• A free $10 Barnes & Noble gift card with every $100 gift card purchase.
Whether shopping in a Barnes & Noble bookstore, or online at BN.com, Barnes & Noble makes it easy for gift-givers this holiday season. For more information, visit www.bn.com/blackfriday. And experience NOOK Tablet, NOOK Color and NOOK Simple Touch at www.nook.com or at the NOOK Digital Shops and displays in one of Barnes & Noble’s more than 700 bookstores and other leading retailers. Barnes & Noble offers Always Free NOOK Support in all of its neighborhood bookstores, with more than 40,000 NOOKsellers across the country ready to assist customers with setting up their NOOK devices or choosing their next great read.
About Barnes & Noble, Inc.
Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE:BKS), the world’s largest bookseller and a Fortune 500 company, operates 704 bookstores in 50 states. Barnes & Noble College Booksellers, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Barnes & Noble, also operates 635 college bookstores serving over 4.6 million students and faculty members at colleges and universities across the United States. Barnes & Noble conducts its online business through BN.com (www.bn.com), one of the Web’s largest e-commerce sites, which also features more than two million titles in its NOOK Bookstore™ (www.bn.com/ebooks). Through Barnes & Noble’s NOOK® eReading product offering, customers can buy and read digital books and content on the widest range of platforms, including NOOK devices, partner company products, and the most popular mobile and computing devices using free NOOK software.
General information on Barnes & Noble, Inc. can be obtained via the Internet by visiting the company’s corporate website: www.barnesandnobleinc.com.
NOOK®, NOOK Tablet™, NOOK Color™, NOOK Simple Touch ™, NOOK 1st Edition™, NOOK 1st Edition Wi-Fi™, Reader’s Tablet™, PagePerfect™, Best-Text™, Fast Page™, NOOK Books™, NOOK Store™, NOOK Bookstore™, NOOK Newsstand™, NOOK Magazines™, VividView™, ArticleView™, NOOK Newspapers™, NOOK Comics™, NOOK Cloud™, NOOK Apps™, FREE NOOK Reading Apps™, PubIt!™, NOOK Discover™, NOOK Kids™, Read To Me™, Read and Play™, Read and Record™, NOOK Digital Shop™, Read In Store™, More In Store™, NOOK Friends™, LendMe®, NOOK Library™, NOOK Boutiques™, The Barnes & Noble Promise™, NOOK Books en español™, NOOK Study™, Free Friday™, Lifetime Library™ and Read What You Love. Anywhere You Like™ are trademarks of Barnes & Noble, Inc. Other trademarks referenced in this release are the property of their respective owners.
About NOOK® from Barnes & Noble
Barnes & Noble’s NOOK brand of eReading products makes it easy to read what you love, anywhere you like™ with a fun, easy-to-use and immersive digital reading experience. With NOOK, customers gain access to Barnes & Noble’s expansive NOOK Store™ of more than 2.5 million digital titles, and the ability to enjoy content across a wide array of popular devices. The new NOOK Tablet™ is Barnes & Noble’s fastest, lightest tablet with the best in HD entertainment from top services and everything you want in a tablet at a great value ($249). Both NOOK Tablet and the award-winning NOOK Color™ ($199) feature a stunning 7-inch VividView™ Color Touchscreen to read all of the content you love, shop popular apps, connect via email, browse the Web and more. The NOOK Simple Touch™ ($99) is the fastest, easiest to use reader with the world’s best reading screen and the longest battery life. Barnes & Noble offers NOOK owners Always Free NOOK Support in any of its more than 700 bookstores, as well as free Wi-Fi® connectivity to enjoy the Read In Store™ feature to read NOOK Books™ for free, and the More In Store™ program, which offers free, exclusive content and special promotions. Barnes & Noble was the first company to offer digital lending for a wide selection of books through its LendMe® technology, available through NOOK eReading products. Find NOOK devices in Barnes & Noble stores and online at www.BN.com, as well as at Best Buy, Walmart, Staples, Target, Radio Shack, Books-A-Million, OfficeMax, Fred Meyer, P.C. Richard & Son stores, Fry’s Electronics, hhgregg and Systemax Inc. retailers.
In addition to NOOK devices, Barnes & Noble makes it easy for customers to enjoy any book, anytime, anywhere with its FREE NOOK Reading Apps™, available at www.nook.com/freenookapps. Customers can use Barnes & Noble’s free eReading software to access and read books from their personal Barnes & Noble digital library on devices including iPad™, iPhone®, iPod touch®, Android™ smartphones and tablets, PC and Mac®. Lifetime Library™ helps ensure that Barnes & Noble customers will always be able to access their digital libraries on NOOK products and software-enabled devices and BN.com. Barnes & Noble also offers NOOK Study™ (www.nookstudy.com), an innovative study platform and software solution for higher education, NOOK Kids™ (www.nookkids.com), a collection of digital picture and chapter books for children, and NOOK Books en español™ (http://www.barnesandnoble.com/ebooksenespanol), the first-ever Spanish language digital bookstore in the United States.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.