Motorola Solutions Brings First Commercial Release of Standards-based LTE Technology to Public Safety
11/11/11 shipment date marks significant milestone for end-to-end, integrated solution delivered by best-of-breed industry leaders – Motorola, Ericsson and Verizon Wireless
CHICAGO (IACP Motorola Solutions Booth #1100) - Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI), a leader in the development of Public Safety Long Term Evolution (LTE) networks devices, applications and services, today announced the commercial release of Motorola Public Safety LTE with shipments beginning on Nov. 11, 2011. Motorola’s successful alliances with Ericsson, the global market leader in carrier LTE networks, and Verizon Wireless, the provider of the fastest, most advanced 4G mobile network in America, have resulted in this standards-based solution that provides the foundation for next generation public safety communications. Combined with a complete suite of Public Safety LTE services that span planning, integration, support and hosting, Motorola is helping to accelerate broadband multimedia capabilities in public safety.
• Motorola’s Public Safety LTE provides an end-to-end LTE solution built for public safety broadband with devices, applications, networks and services.
• This Public Safety LTE solution will support a host of public safety applications such as Motorola’s PremierOne™ and other computer-aided dispatch (CAD), real-time video streaming, tactical collaboration, dynamic mapping and routing, and in-field reporting as well as push-to-talk and voice telephony.
• Our commercial release of Public Safety LTE offers fully tested and operational devices including Motorola’s recently announced Public Safety LTE vehicular modem (VML700) and USB data modem (UM1000).
• Because Motorola understands the importance of prioritizing network traffic in support of critical operations, this first release of Public Safety LTE will prioritize bandwidth on standards-based LTE depending on the responder’s agency, role and applications being used.
• The Motorola and Ericsson strategic alliance enables LTE technology to be used in mission-critical communications. As the undisputed leader in LTE development and standardization, Ericsson provides LTE radio access and packet core networks with field-proven stability, throughput, and latency – key factors for Public Safety workers.
• The Ericsson LTE eNodeB equipment, RBS 6000, included in Motorola’s Public Safety LTE solution complies with 3GPP Release 9, exceeding the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and Public Safety Communications Research Program (PSCR) mandate of 3GPP Release 8.
• The Motorola and Verizon Wireless alliance will enable first responders to realize connectivity to their services on both the Motorola Public Safety LTE network and nationwide Verizon Wireless’ 3G/4G network.
• Motorola has publicly announced three Public Safety LTE projects: San Francisco Bay Area; Harris County, Texas; and the state of Mississippi.
Bob Schassler, senior vice president, Radio Solutions, Motorola Solutions
“Motorola Solutions set a course to focus our investments and development to rapidly deliver a Public Safety LTE solution that would address the needs of our public safety customers. We have reached and, in fact, surpassed that goal with Ericsson and Verizon Wireless by offering a standards-based solution that supports the applications our customers have identified as critical requirements. We will continue to serve public safety by providing the solutions, applications and devices they need in every situation.”
Ulf Ewaldsson, vice president and head of Product Area Radio, Ericsson
“We are proud that Ericsson’s innovations provide LTE technology that public safety officers can trust. By putting broadband technology and services like video into the hands of the people who keep us safe, we help keep them safe. Now they can make better decisions on the scene, shorten response time, and better protect life and property.”
Alex Coleman, vice president, Government Markets, Verizon Wireless
“A critical issue for first responders and law enforcement is the need to improve response capabilities. A reliable network that provides timely and accurate information and delivers that information immediately is an important factor for improving response capabilities. By combining Motorola Solutions’ technology with the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network, we help public safety agencies to connect, communicate and collaborate to improve the services that they provide to their communities.”
About Motorola Solutions
Motorola Solutions is a leading provider of mission-critical communication products and services for enterprise and government customers. Through leading-edge innovation and communications technology, it is a global leader that enables its customers to be their best in the moments that matter. Motorola Solutions trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker “MSI.” To learn more, visit www.motorolasolutions.com. For ongoing news, please visit our media center or subscribe to our news feed.
Ericsson is the world’s leading provider of technology and services to telecom operators. Ericsson is the leader in 2G, 3G and 4G mobile technologies, and provides support for networks with over 2 billion subscribers and has the leading position in managed services. The company’s portfolio comprises mobile and fixed network infrastructure, telecom services, software, broadband and multimedia solutions for operators, enterprises and the media industry. The Sony Ericsson and ST-Ericsson joint ventures provide consumers with feature-rich personal mobile devices.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s largest 4G LTE network and largest, most reliable 3G network. The company serves 106.3 million total wireless connections, including 89.7 million retail customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 83,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.