Northampton, MA Teeth Whitening Provider Talks About Gum Disease
Dr. Vincent J. Mariano, an East Meadow and Northampton, MA teeth whitening provider explains a few hygiene tips to fight off gum disease.
EAST LONGMEADOW AND NORTHAMPTON MASSACHUSETTS - Gum disease not only affects a patient’s mouth, it could threaten overall health as well.
Increase risk of strokes, delivering preterm babies and difficulty controlling blood sugar levels in those with diabetes, are a few of the possible health complications associated with gum disease.
Studies have shown that 80 percent of adults currently have a form of periodontal disease, according to the Colgate website.
“The longer a patient keeps plaque on their teeth, the more harmful it can become,” says Dr. Vincent J. Mariano a Northampton, MA teeth whitening provider. ”This bacterium causes an inflammation called gingivitis, where the gums could become swollen and bleed easily.”
The dentists at EMA Dental, a general dentist, agree that oral hygiene is key to preventing extensive restorative procedures.
Mariano and other Northampton cosmetics dentists, explain a few tips to help prevent gum disease.
- Brush At Least Twice a Day - Brushing thoroughly rids plaque and tartar from surface areas before hardening. Using a fluoride toothpaste could help prevent decay as well.
- Floss Daily- This could be the only way to remove plaque from surfaces the toothbrush can’t reach.
- Mouthwash- Antiseptic mouthwash could remove the hidden bacteria in the mouth.
- Eat A Well Balanced Diet- “Be smart about the meal choices; A patient can’t go wrong with fruits and vegetables,” says Mariano, a prosthodontics expert at the family dentistry office.
- Visit The Dentist Regularly- Routine check-ups and professional cleanings, which are two of the many dental services (general dentist) the practice provides, may keep patients a step ahead in the fight against gum disease. A dentist can intervene if patients have any signs of periodontal disease, such as: bad breath, swollen gums, loose teeth or sensitive teeth.
Keeping up with the routine appointments and following proper hygiene protocol can help the fight against gum disease.
© 2011 Master Google and EMA Dental group. Authorization to post is granted, with the stipulation that Master Google, a business that provides a SEO tool keyword to improve site ratings, is credited as sole source. Linking to other sites from this document is strictly prohibited, with the exception of herein imbedded links.
- Contact Information
- Vincent Mariano
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.