Siemens Showcases syngo BLADE, Next Generation of Patient Care Applications at ISMRM
Advanced Applications Paving the Way in MRI for Detection and Diagnosis
Seattle, May 10, 2006, Siemens Medical Solutions showcases syngo® BLADE, the newest Tim® (Total imaging matrix) technology-powered magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) software, at the International Society for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine (ISMRM) 14th Scientific Meeting & Exhibition from May 6 through 12 (booth #316) in Seattle. Capable of robust imaging in neurological and orthopedic procedures even in cases of severe movement, syngo BLADE motion correction application enables facilities to increase patient throughput and decrease costs. Siemens’ Tim-powered syngo applications, including BLADE, have continually helped to offer the newest innovations in patient care and disease management.
Ideal for pediatric* and difficult-to-manage patients in neurological and orthopedic imaging, syngo BLADE is not affected by flow and motion. By continuously acquiring low resolution images, this application measures and corrects any motion, providing clear images. With BLADE’s low sensitivity to movement, medical professionals can focus on reducing sedation rates in pediatric and anxious patients, increasing time efficiency. This application is available on all Tim systems, including the MAGNETOM Avanto®, MAGNETOM Symphony®, MAGNETOM EspreeTM and MAGNETOM Trio®.
“syngo BLADE provides a real-time answer to pediatric and difficult patients by reducing the need for sedation while increasing the ability to acquire high resolution imaging on the first scan, regardless of circumstances or movement,” said Nancy Gillen, vice president, MRI Division, Siemens Medical Solutions. “Siemens’ Tim-powered syngo applications are continually improving healthcare by helping medical professionals detect and diagnose disease states earlier, offering more treatment options, and increasing workflow and efficiency.”
Focusing on the powerful combination of Tim technology and syngo applications, Siemens’ MRI leads the industry in advancements that enable medical professionals to improve the delivery of healthcare - from spinal to breast imaging and body diffusion techniques to remote assistance. The Tim-powered suite of syngo applications also includes:
* syngo BEAT - combining the necessary tools to enable healthcare professionals to diagnose cardiac disease, allowing professionals to change parameters with a click of the mouse - from 2D to 3D, breath-hold to free-breathing, and morphology to functional or tissue characterization. These features allow syngo BEAT to adapt to bariatric and pediatric patients, as well as to those who have arrhythmia or shortness of breath, or who are difficult to manage, increasing patient comfort and confidence.
* syngo Expert-i - giving physicians and experts the ability to interact remotely during the MRI examination from virtually anywhere in their network, making it possible to address difficult clinical questions via a networked personal computer while a patient is being scanned. The entire patient set-up, imaging data and all sequences can be viewed and controlled in real-time, requiring less training while improving efficiency, quality and throughput.
* syngo GRAPPA - a Parallel Imaging Technique that delivers robust image quality and speeds up most exams, including spine imaging for small children or patients with severe back pain. Providing high temporal resolution in cardiac imaging even in double oblique orientations, GRAPPA is capable of being used with a small field-of-view and high spatial resolution for higher diagnostic confidence - even smaller than the subject’s anatomy.
* syngo REVEAL - a body diffusion technique that provides additional information for differentiation of lesions throughout the entire body, offering high sensitivity to potential malignant lesions. This technique provides functional information about primary and metastatic tumors with great image quality. With Tim, examinations can be done locally and can extend to other organs without coil or patient repositioning.
* syngo SPACE - providing fast and more accurate 3D imaging with contrasts. SPACE is ideal for complex spine, head, inner ear, abdomen and pelvis cases, replacing multiple 2D acquisitions. With the combination of SPACE and Tim’s Parallel Imaging capabilities, medical professionals are able to identify small plaques with higher confidence as well as survey the brain in less than five minutes with isotropic resolution. It is also ideal for spinal foramina examination.
* syngo SWI (Susceptibility Weighted Imaging) - a technique that reveals blood products and venous structures with great clarity in a matter of minutes. This allows for better depiction of bleeding in stroke and brain trauma patients, visualization of contusions and shearing injuries, and identification of minute intracranial vascular malformations. Siemens is the only medical solutions provider offering SWI.
About Siemens Medical Solutions
Siemens Medical Solutions of Siemens AG (NYSE:SI) with headquarters in Malvern, Pennsylvania, and Erlangen, Germany, is one of the largest suppliers to the healthcare industry in the world. The company is known for bringing together innovative medical technologies, healthcare information systems, management consulting, and support services, to help customers achieve tangible, sustainable, clinical and financial outcomes. Employing approximately 33,000 people worldwide and operating in more than 120 countries, Siemens Medical Solutions reported sales of 7.6 billion EUR, orders of 8.6 billion EUR and group profit of 976 million EUR for fiscal 2005. More information can be obtained by visiting www.usa.siemens.com/medical-pressroom.
*The safety of imaging infants/fetuses has not been established.
- Contact Information
- Amanda Naiman
- Public Relations Manager
- Siemens AG
- Contact via E-mail
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.