Green Energy Development Responds to Misguided Assertions That Renewable Energy is the Next “Financial Bubble”
Johns Creek, Atlanta. – May 24, 2011 – Green Energy Development, Inc. (“GED”), the premier global developer and provider of renewable and sustainable energy projects, including biomass/waste-to-energy (WTE), solar, and wind energy solutions and technologies, announced that it has authored an article that responds to the recent and continued misguided assertions that renewable energy is the next financial bubble. In its article GED points out that in fact the renewable energy movement is a revolution NOT a financial bubble. Specifically GED points out:
(1) No credible evidence is ever provided when claims are made that renewable engine is a financial bubble. This claim is generally in response to someone noticing a diminished appetite for renewable or “green” energy investment.
(2) Although there is some debate as to the exact cause of financial bubbles, some consistent factors typically characterize them: (1) an unexplained rise in the value of an asset class; (2) irrational valuing, without analysis or consideration to actual asset value; and (3) excess demand. Indeed, once the bubble deflates, which it always does, a contraction or consolidation must occur to alleviate the excess. It is this retraction that causes deflation in asset values and, ultimately, losses for investors.
(3) Revolutions, however, are multifaceted and history shows that they have common elements that include: (1) innovation/ingenuity; (2) critical social need/motivation, and (3) purpose. Unlike financial bubbles, where their bursting is recorded as historical facts, revolutions create the course of overall history in which those financial bubbles occur.
(4) The real determinative factor in categorizing renewable energy as a revolution lies in its purpose, social need and motivation. As recently revealed in studies by the United Nations (UN), the World Wildlife Foundation (WWF) and the self-funded study by Green Energy Development, Inc., the current energy engine supplying the overwhelming majority of the world’s energy is completely unsustainable and must be replaced.
(5) Energy is not a novelty society can live without. The critical point here is that there is no alternative available to society with regards to energy, and once fossil based energy sources are depleted, renewable energy is a necessity.
GED’s Chief Technology Officer, Terry Wright, stated: “this article and our study was is in direct response to the unsupported sentiment from financial analysts that renewable energy is a financial bubble.” Further, GED’s Chief Executive Officer, David R. Ames stated: “The sustainability of our future energy supply is far too important a topic to be minimized and mitigated by biased, unfounded, and un-informed claims. There is a critical difference between a financial “bubble,” and a “revolution” and all renewable energy companies should be defined as participants in a critically necessary revolution, not as speculative fodder for some financial bubble.”
For a copy of this article please visit www.greenenergydevelopment.org/bubble. For a primer and detailed and scientific study that answers many of the questions outlined in the article, and specifically provides the answer to the length of time to replace the “unsustainable energy engine”, please contact Green Energy Development, Inc. at email@example.com or call 770 753-9020.
About Green Energy Development, Inc.
Green Energy Development, Inc. (“GED”) is the premier global renewable energy utility. GED is technology agnostic, allowing it to focus on all major approaches to renewable energy including biomass/waste to energy, wind, and solar. GED’s business model provides diversity and risk mitigation across global renewable energy opportunities in this emerging market. GED renewable energy opportunities are identified and qualified through an extensive global network of technical and strategic stakeholder relationships, and GED’s monitoring, assurance, auditing, and management system provides investors a real-time view of project/utility performance.
- Contact Information
- David R. Ames
- Chief Executive Officer
- Green Energy Development, Inc.
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.