College Bound Interactive e-Book Available for iPad, Kindle, Nook eReaders, and Mac OS
“College Bound” the interactive planning guide with over 1,000 live links to essential college-related resources, is now available from Amazon and Barnes and Noble.
First released for PC, “College Bound - Proven Ways to Plan and Prepare for Getting Into the College of Your Dreams” can now be used on Kindle (.mobi) and Nook (.epub) eReaders and – iPad and Macintosh (Mac) computers with the Kindle App and Nook App.
In College Bound, professional college counselor Christine M. Hand, Ed.D, provides practical information and proven techniques to make the most of the college search and admissions process. Comprehensive and insightful, College Bound includes:
• Over 1,000 live links to relevant and vetted resources like grants, loans, scholarships, and pre-college programs – organized by topic and where the student is in the college planning process
• Answers to questions like how to pick a major, which types of post-high school program make the most sense, what colleges look for in applicants, where to find financial aid, and more
• Special admissions information for the artist, the athlete, the military-minded, the disabled, and the home schooled along with over 100 minority scholarship websites
• In-depth information on various topics like women’s colleges, diverse populations, alternative lifestyles, and how social networks play into the college application process
• A planning time line of what college-minded students should be doing from middle school to high school and right through the beginning of their freshman year as an undergrad
• Sample forms and checklists for self-evaluation, college comparisons, financial considerations, teacher recommendations, etc.
• Extensive Internet resources for career exploration including sample resumes and interview questions
• Step-by-step instructions to take you through the college application process
• Inside information on standardized tests, the ACT, PSAT, and SAT
• A comprehensive list of must-read books and publications
• How to make a smooth transition from home to college
• A chapter just for parents that covers the admissions process, new student orientation, helicopter parenting, health and insurance, money discussions, and tips for adjusting to an empty nest
A companion workbook to the College Bound interactive e-book is also available on the College-Path website in a PC PDF version. “My College Bound Plan” gives students the forms, check lists and step-by-step guidance they need for self-evaluation, college comparisons, financial considerations, teacher recommendations, activities resumes, and more.
About The Author: Christine M. Hand, Ed.D, has spent the last 20 years as a consultant, instructor, high school college counselor, and registered therapist. Her work with high school juniors and seniors focuses on career exploration and college counseling. Dr. Hand is a graduate of St. Lawrence University where she received a B.A. in Art Education and Economics. She earned a Masters in Counseling Education from the University of Bridgeport, and a Doctorate in Counseling Psychology from Argosy University. She is an instructor for UCLA’s online College Counseling Certificate Program and provides college search and admissions advice on her website, www.College-Path.com.
College Bound: Proven Ways to Plan and Prepare for Getting Into the College of Your Dreams by Christine M. Hand, Ed.D. - PC Version $19.95 at College Path, Kindle Version $9.99 online at Amazon and Nook Version $9.99 online at Barnes and Noble.
My College Bound Plan PC Version $14.95.
- Contact Information
- Christine Hand
- College Path LLC
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.