On Sale Now at Barnes & Noble’s NOOK Bookstore™: The Best of Vanity Fair: Elizabeth Taylor - Eight Remarkable Stories About Hollywood’s Most Beautiful, Most Controversial Star
NOOK Color™ Reader’s Tablet Brings to Life Stunning Color Photographs of Screen Legend Elizabeth Taylor
New York, New York – – Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE: BKS), the world’s largest bookseller, today announced the availability of The Best of Vanity Fair: Elizabeth Taylor – Eight Remarkable Stories About Hollywood’s Most Beautiful, Most Controversial Star in the NOOK Bookstore. This tribute to the big-screen legend is Vanity Fair’s first-ever digital book and is available to purchase today for only $4.99. Customers can download and read The Best of Vanity Fair: Elizabeth Taylor on NOOK Color™, NOOK™ and the family of NOOK eReading apps for iPad™, iPhone™, Android, PC and Mac. The Best of Vanity Fair: Elizabeth Taylor features two never-been-published stories and six additional articles taken directly from the pages of Vanity Fair, Hollywood’s authority on talent, glamour and power. Every chapter begins with an iconic photograph of the screen legend, which looks gorgeous on NOOK Color’s vivid color touchscreen. Vanity Fair’s editor Graydon Carter has written an illuminating and witty introduction to this glimpse into the life of Elizabeth Taylor.
“Each of these articles captures a chapter in the epic tale of Elizabeth Taylor’s life,” said Vanity Fair editor Graydon Carter. “She is a star that will continue to be fascinating long after this technology has become the norm.”
The Best of Vanity Fair: Elizabeth Taylor gives readers a look into the real Elizabeth Taylor – from child star to big-screen beauty. The star-studded collection of essays explores her more than 50 films, seven husbands, torrid affairs and countless illnesses, meltdowns and triumphs.
Contributors to The Best of Vanity Fair: Elizabeth Taylor include:
* Graydon Carter is the editor of Vanity Fair.
* Nancy Collins was a Vanity Fair contributing editor from 1991 to 1998. She wrote cover stories on Elizabeth Taylor and stars such as Demi Moore, Jack Nicholson, and Shirley MacLaine.
* Gwen Davis is the author of 17 novels, as well as songs and books of poetry. The 1964 film What a Way to Go is based on her original story. Davis lived in Hollywood for many years and knew almost everyone.
* Dominick Dunne was a special correspondent for Vanity Fair and the producer of several films, including Ash Wednesday (1973), starring Elizabeth Taylor.
* George Hamilton has appeared in more than 100 film and television roles. He is also the author of the memoir, Don’t Mind If I Do.
* David Kamp is a Vanity Fair contributing editor and the author of the food-world history, The United States of Arugula, as well as the co-author of the humor books The Rock Snob’s Dictionary, The Film Snob’s Dictionary and The Food Snob’s Dictionary.
* Sam Kashner is a Vanity Fair contributing editor and the co-author of Furious Love: Elizabeth Taylor, Richard Burton, and the Marriage of the Century.
* Nancy Shoenberger is the co-author of Furious Love: Elizabeth Taylor, Richard Burton, and the Marriage of the Century.
* William Stadiem is the co-author of George Hamilton’s memoir, Don’t Mind If I Do, and has written articles for Vanity Fair, Interview and Los Angeles Magazine among other publications.
Vanity Fair is available to purchase by subscription and single copies in the NOOK Newsstand™.
About Barnes & Noble, Inc.
Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE:BKS), the world’s largest bookseller and a Fortune 500 company, operates 705 bookstores in 50 states. Barnes & Noble College Booksellers, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Barnes & Noble, also operates 636 college bookstores serving nearly 4 million students and faculty members at colleges and universities across the United States. Barnes & Noble conducts its online business through Barnes & Noble.com (www.bn.com), one of the Web’s largest e-commerce sites, which also features more than two million titles in its NOOK Bookstore™ (www.bn.com/ebooks). Through Barnes & Noble’s NOOK™ eReading product offering, customers can buy and read eBooks on the widest range of platforms, including NOOK eBook Readers, devices from partner companies, and hundreds of the most popular mobile and computing devices using free NOOK software.
General information on Barnes & Noble, Inc. can be obtained via the Internet by visiting the company’s corporate website: www.barnesandnobleinc.com.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.