Digi ERT/Ethernet Gateway Earns First Itron ChoiceConnect™ ERT® Receiver Logo Certification
TESTING CONDUCTED BY QUALITYLOGIC CERTIFIES INTEROPERABILITY WITH ITRON SMART METERING SOLUTIONS
MINNETONKA, MN AND MOORPARK, CA – – Digi International (NASDAQ: DGII) andQualityLogic Inc. (www.qualitylogic.com) announced today that the Digi ERT/Ethernet Gateway has successfully completed the testing under the Itron ChoiceConnect ERT Receiver Logo Program and is the first product to receive logo certification. Under the program, QualityLogic tests the compatibility between Itron’s ChoiceConnect meter messages and devices from vendors who have licensed Itron reading technology, certifying interoperability.
“QualityLogic’s certification lets our customers know immediately that the Digi Ethernet Gateway meets Itron’s standards for compatibility and interoperability,” said Larry Kraft, senior vice president of global sales and marketing, Digi International. “This simplifies their decision to include the Digi Ethernet Gateway as part of their customer engagement programs.”
Digi’s ERT/Ethernet Gateway brings Smart Grid technology to the millions of utility customers who use meters that are enabled with Itron ERT radio technology. The integrated certified Itron ERT radio receiver enables metering data to be shared with the software application from the utility, energy service provider or consumer via the homeowners’ networking/IP connection to the Internet. Data can be dynamically analyzed and presented to the customer and help identify areas to optimize energy use. This information exchange is critical for the goal of initiating lifestyle changes that can reduce user consumption of energy resources while still maintaining a high quality of service to the customer.
ChoiceConnect, Itron’s smart metering solution for electric, gas and water utilities, collects and presents meter data to in-home displays and other devices. These devices are an integral component of smart metering solutions as utilities look to share real-time usage information with their customers. Access to actual usage data enables consumers to make informed decisions about their consumption and encourages greater participation in conservation efforts.
“We were excited to work with Digi on the first Itron logo certification,” said Dave Jollota, QualityLogic’s president and CEO. “The smart grid’s success depends on the interoperability of its components, and Digi has taken the lead to ensure flawless integration of its ERT/Ethernet Gateway into homes and offices.”
About Digi International
Digi International is making wireless M2M easy by developing reliable products and solutions to connect and securely manage local or remote electronic devices over the network or via the Web. Digi offers the highest levels of performance, flexibility and quality, and markets its products through a global network of distributors and resellers, systems integrators and original equipment manufacturers (OEMs). For more information, visit Digi’s Web site at www.digi.com
QualityLogic is a highly respected provider of testing products and outsourced quality assurance and engineering services. The Company provides a flexible menu of services at customers’ sites, at QualityLogic’s labs, or as managed services that scale to meet customers’ evolving needs. QualityLogic’s customers include technology companies around the world in a wide range of industries.
* QualityLogic is a testing partner in the Pacific Northwest Smart Grid Demonstration Project and offers interoperability, conformance, and certification test solutions for other Smart Energy technologies.
* IT departments in companies of all sizes look to QualityLogic to ensure their web applications or websites meet their quality objectives.
* Marketing groups rely on QualityLogic to provide independent validation of their competitive advantages and develop and execute certification programs for their partners.
* Printer and MFP OEMs, ODMs and technology providers rely on QualityLogic test solutions to validate their products’ performance, conformance to industry standards, and interoperability with other hardware and software products.
* Network infrastructure equipment manufacturers, carriers, and telecom service providers use QualityLogic fax test equipment to ensure interoperability with fax traffic from traditional devices and across the Internet.
For more information, visit www.qualitylogic.com.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.