SAP Adds New Analytic Applications for Industries
Customers Ready to Deploy Industry-Specific Applications to Quickly Improve
Organizational Performance, Risk Management and Profitability
NEW YORK - - In conjunction with its launch of the next generation of analytics, SAP AG (NYSE: SAP) today introduced six new SAP® BusinessObjects™ analytic applications tailored to help address the needs of organizations in the media, oil and gas, healthcare, insurance, life sciences and public sector industries. These new applications join the family of analytic applications launched in fall 2010 that target business intelligence (BI) use cases in specific industries. The announcement was made during the SAP Run Better Tour, being held today in New York City.
SAP worked closely with customers in developing these analytic applications, which can be deployed in as little as eight weeks and start delivering results to customers almost immediately. For example, Lions Gate Entertainment Corp., the largest independent motion picture studio, is among the first SAP customers to pilot the new analytic application for analyzing IP rights and optimizing revenues.
“We have movies, television programs and other entertainment being distributed in hundreds of different ways through a myriad of channels around the globe; tracking all of this intellectual property can be incredibly complex,” said Leo Collins, executive vice president and chief information officer for Lions Gate. “SAP BusinessObjects analytic applications will deliver a unified view of our IP so we can better manage these assets and maximize our return on investment.”
Expanded Industry Focus and Emerging Technology Integration
Now comprising 16 applications for specific industries, SAP BusinessObjects analytic applications encompass a wide range of areas, including customer satisfaction and retention, finance, government, healthcare, insurance, sales and operations planning, life sciences, marketing, media, military planning, oil and gas, patient care management and risk assessment. The six new analytic applications are:
* SAP® BusinessObjects™ IP Rights Analysis: advanced analytics and alerting to enable media companies to optimize the monetization of their intellectual property across multiple distribution channels and geographies
* SAP® BusinessObjects™ Upstream Operations Performance Analysis: enables energy companies to orchestrate production and monitoring for their end-to-end upstream discovery and development operations
* SAP® BusinessObjects™ Staff Productivity Management for Healthcare: helps healthcare providers improve workforce resource optimization and quality of care delivery (see “SAP Helps Healthcare Organizations Improve Workforce Productivity and Patient Care Delivery”)
* SAP® BusinessObjects™ Enterprise Risk and Solvency Management for Insurance: advanced enterprise risk and solvency reporting for insurers to help address the Solvency II regulation in EMEA and Solvency Modernization Initiative in North America
* SAP® BusinessObjects™ Healthcare Practitioner Spend Analysis and Reporting: risk management, increased enterprise transparency and regulatory compliance assistance for life science companies to manage and optimize their sales and marketing operations and help address the new “sunshine” regulatory requirements
* SAP® BusinessObjects™ Planning for Public Sector: financial planning and modeling support to align annual budgets with long-term strategic plans
In the course of this year, SAP plans to continue expanding its family of analytic applications for industries and lines of business as well as strengthening product support for its latest advanced technologies, including the new 4.0 releases of BI and enterprise information management (EIM) solutions, SAP® High-Performance Analytic Appliance (SAP HANA) software and the Sybase Unwired Platform.
Customer and Partner Demand for New Applications and Further Customizations
Since their launch in September 2010, the analytic applications have been well received by customers and partners in North America, Europe and Asia - a testament to the demand for compact and customizable applications that serve up key performance indicators (KPIs), workflows, naming conventions and other process facts that companies need in order to thrive in today’s data-intensive environment.
Designed to fit into any IT landscape, the applications can be further customized, with the help of the SAP Services organization or SAP partners, to address specific business requirements and challenges.
To read more about how partners, such as Cognilytics, and customers including Chico’s FAS and EZCORP plan to address critical business needs with analytic applications from SAP, see: “Customers and Partners Derive Value From Analytic Apps.”
“Many customers and partners are intrigued by business analytics but struggle with knowing where to start,” said Keith Costello, executive vice president, Analytic Solutions, SAP. “Our analytic applications enable companies to deploy solutions that are tailored to their needs in as little as eight weeks, enabling anyone in an organization to use the power of business intelligence to achieve remarkable results.”
For more information about SAP BusinessObjects analytic applications, please visit the Business Analytics newsroom. Follow SAP BusinessObjects on Twitter at @BusinessObjects and join the conversation around the launch of the 4.0 releases of the BI and EIM solutions at #bi4 and #SAPanalytics, and the SAP Run Better Tour at #saprbt.
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP (NYSE: SAP) helps companies of all sizes and industries run better. From back office to boardroom, warehouse to storefront, desktop to mobile device - SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable more than 109,000 customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably. For more information, visit www.sap.com.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.