Canon U.S.A. Showcases Its High-Quality Imaging Solutions At HIMSS11, The 2011 Healthcare Information Management Systems Annual Conference And Exhibition
ORLANDO, F.L., – Demonstrating the flexibility and benefits of its award-winning products for the healthcare community, Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging, will showcase a variety of solutions at this year’s Healthcare Information Management Systems Society Conference (HIMSS) at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, FL. Designed to meet the demand for reliable, precise products that increase efficiency and productivity to help improve patient care, attendees will have the opportunity to experience hands-on demonstrations of the latest Canon products, including the imageRUNNER ADVANCE C5030 multifunction product, imagePRESS C1+ Digital Printing Solution and CYPHER PS Print Server, imageCLASS small office printers and imageFORMULA scanning solutions.
“Canon is dedicated to providing innovative imaging technology that plays a vital role across the various departments within a healthcare organization,” said Junichi Yoshitake, senior vice president, Imaging Systems Group, Canon U.S.A. “With ground-breaking document imaging and management solutions, Canon is uniquely positioned to offer a portfolio of solutions to streamline healthcare workflows and generate cost savings while helping to improve patient care.”
Canon will have a variety of its award-winning solutions on display during this year’s show, including:
* imageRUNNER ADVANCE C5030 Multifunction Product with NTware uniFLOW, eCopy ShareScan and imageRUNNER ADVANCE Essentials. The imageRUNNER ADVANCE C5030 multifunction product offers a blend of innovative hardware and software to provide advanced image quality, workflow simplicity and efficiency that is vital to the healthcare sector. The imageRUNNER ADVANCE C5030 product delivers print speeds of up to 30 pages-per-minute (ppm)I and duplex scanning at speeds of up to 46 ipmI (simplex, 300 dpi) for letter-sized documents in both black-and-white and color. For healthcare environments, where personal health information needs to be safeguarded as part of HIPAA compliance, imageRUNNER ADVANCE systems offer multiple device authentication, access control and HDD security options for securing sensitive patient information. uniFLOW solutions can also be utilized for secure printing and device authentication, as well as advanced reporting to effectively manage a fleet of devices. Using the built-in Advanced Box, healthcare organizations can store commonly printed forms and print them on demand, helping to free up valuable space by minimizing inventory of preprinted forms and waste from frequently changed forms. In addition to printing, imageRUNNER ADVANCE devices can be utilized to help healthcare organizations with their transition to electronic medical records systems. Used in concert with Canon Workflow Composer or eCopy Sharescan, automated processes can be implemented to scan hard copy patient records and forms into electronic medical records and document management systems. The Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE portfolio, combined with Canon’s solutions; aims to increase productivity levels in the business of healthcare, delivering greater efficiency, security and cost savings.
* imagePRESS® C1+ Digital Printing Solution & CYPHER PS Print Server The Canon imagePRESS C1+ Digital Printing Solution and CYPHER PS Print Server is ideal for healthcare facilities seeking a multi-function device to output reports, brochures and emails as well as high-resolution DICOM images. This centralized, network-ready print solution offers an efficient means to streamline print costs while improving patient communication and quality of care. By printing secondary copies on paper instead of film, this print-on-demand solution can help reduce costs and save time, increasing productivity. The imagePRESS C1+ Digital Printing Solution can produce output at a true resolution of up to 1200 x 1200 dots-per-inch (dpi) with 256 shades of gray. It also produces high-quality images with clean, precise lines and even, continuous tones. With printing speeds up to 14 ppmI for color jobs, and up to 60 ppmI for black-and-white. CYPHER is a friendly, easy-to-use print solution that is able to receive images from any DICOM compliant modality with a Print SCU capability for producing ancillary copies.
* imageCLASS D1170 Black & White Laser Multifunction Copier: The imageCLASS D1170 copier is tailored to meet the needs of healthcare organizations. The 50-sheet Duplex Automatic Document Feeder (DADF) copies or color scans from one or two-sided originals and produces two-sided output with ease, cutting paper usage as much as half, a significant cost savings in high volume printing environments such as doctors’ or physicians’ offices. With Quick First Print technology, the first copy will arrive in approximately eight seconds. For multi-page documents or patient records, prints and copies arrive at speeds of up to 30 ppmI.
* Color imageCLASS MF9280Cdn Laser Multifunction Printer: Developed to address the needs of today’s fast-paced end-users, the new Canon Color imageCLASS MF9280Cdn laser multifunction printer allows healthcare offices to maximize productivity with convenient print, copy, fax, scan and send functionality in a fully networkable device. The MF9280Cdn printer features scan to e-mail, scan to network folder and LDAP address book support, allowing admissions staff to send documents instantly. Featuring a 50-sheet Duplex Auto Document Feeder (DADF), the MF9280Cdn delivers print speeds of up to 22 ppmI in both color and black and white. It captures finer details with remarkable tone-on-tone clarity using advanced functions as Auto Gradation Adjustment and Canon’s Pure Black technology, for medical offices that wish to emphasize key points with color.
* imageFORMULA P-150 “Scan-tini” Personal Document Scanner: The Canon P-150’s compact size and ease-of-use is ideal for use by healthcare industry “road warriors” and office users in general-purpose distributed document scanning applications, as well as check scanning in remote deposit capture applications. Measuring 11-inches long, 3.7-inches wide, 1.6-inches high and weighing just over two pounds, the P-150 includes an automatic document feeder, and is ideal for use in laboratory, physician office, and field research environments.
* imageFORMULA ScanFront 300P Network Scanner: The Canon ScanFront 300P network scanner is a full-featured, easy-to-use and manage device developed to capture, convert and share important documents across a network while improving the security through the use of device-level password and/or fingerprint authentication. Featuring a fingerprint reader to improve security, the ScanFront 300P is an ideal solution for capturing documents in decentralized environments, such as nurses’ stations and pharmacies, and improves collaboration by allowing users to capture and share information in central and field locations.
* imageFORMULA DR-2510C Workgroup Scanner: A compact, easy-to-use solution, the Canon DR-2510C scanner is perfect for mission-specific or casual use in a wide variety of environments, including admission desks, physician offices and pharmacies.. The DR-2510C scanner offers scanning speeds of up to 25ppmI and 50ipmI and comes bundled with a suite of innovative software packages for including Canon CapturePerfect and CaptureOnTouch, Adobe Acrobat Standard, Nuance PaperPort SE, OmniPage SE and Presto! BizCard software.
* imageFORMULA DR-X10C Production Scanner: Fast, durable and reliable, the DR-X10C scanner is a robust solution for document archiving, records management and other centralized or consolidated scanning applications. Providing high-speed color scanning at up to 128 ppmI / 256 ipmI and a resolution of up to 600 dpi, the DR-X10C also features Canon’s Three-Step Dust Prevention system-which helps remove and protect the scanning sensors from paper dust. The DR-X10C captures a wide variety of documents, with a maximum document size of 12x39.4-inches. It is ideal for scanning charts quickly to incorporate into EMR / EHR systems.
Further demonstrating the versatility and compatibility of its image capture devices, Canon U.S.A. will feature solutions from two companies, Digital Document Packaging and Abraxas Medical Solutions. Digital Document Packaging will show its ChartCapture software running in conjunction with the Canon DR-X10C Production Scanner, while Abraxas Medical Solutions will be showing its Abraxas EMR software, running in conjunction with the Canon DR-2510C Workgroup Scanner.
About Canon U.S.A., Inc.
Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions. Its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), a top patent holder of technology, ranked fourth overall in the U.S. in 2010†, with global revenues of more than US $45 billion and is listed as number six in the computer industry on Fortune Magazine’s World’s Most Admired Companies 2010 list. Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest levels of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 percent U.S.-based consumer service and support for all of the products it distributes. At Canon, we care because caring is essential to living together in harmony. Founded upon a corporate philosophy of Kyosei – “all people, regardless of race, religion or culture, harmoniously living and working together into the future” – Canon U.S.A. supports a number of social, youth, educational and other programs, including environmental and recycling initiatives. Additional information about these programs can be found at www.usa.canon.com/kyosei.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.