Mobistar launches a new mobile portal
Brussels, From now on, all Mobistar customers will have the same entryway to the mobile Internet: m.mobistar.be. Mobistar´s new mobile portal is more open, more personalisable and faster, offering many useful new functionalities and loads of fun.
Regardless of whether you use a smartphone, an iPhone or any other kind of mobile phone, this portal adapts itself to the device customers are using. Optimised for faster access, it allows all Mobistar customers to enjoy the benefits of mobile internet, by ensuring that the information which interests them is always right at their fingertips.
The standout feature of Mobistar´s new mobile portal is the way it can be personalised. By introducing his or her city and date of birth, the user can receive tailor made information, whether it be the latest news (with Belga), the weather, the results of the most recent matches (with Sport.be), stock market prices, today´s horoscope, or even the latest Lottery drawing …
What are this portal´s biggest innovations?
- Social networks: via m.mobistar.be, the customer can synchronise his portal with the most popular social networks (Facebook, Twitter and soon Netlog), as well as with the main e-mail platforms (Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo! Mail, Mobistar Mail).
- Around Me: offered in collaboration with Net Events and the Yellow Pages, this geolocalised service let customers know instantly what’s interesting to do and experience in their immediate vicinity (cinemas, parties, theatres, cultural events, exhibitions, etc.).
- Weather: Mobistar´s new mobile portal offers a free weather service comparable to the best for-pay applications, with national and international 14-day weather forecasts, satellite images, a radar view so customers can know when rain is headed their way, and the possibility of personalising the forecasts by city or region.
- Traffic info: this service, developed in collaboration with Touring Mobilis, can also be completely personalised and makes it possible at any moment to calculate the travel time between two points, taking the current traffic conditions into account. Customers will also find info on the position of traffic radars, accidents and major road works.
- Mobile TV: 22 TV channels including La Une & één in Belgian exclusivity. More than enough for channel surfing to your heart´s content on the mobile phone.
- VOD: news and weather from RTBF and VTM, trailers of the latest movies, sports, people news and a best of advertising.
- Best of web: a new category created to benefit from the best of the mobile Internet by discovering a selection of the best optimised sites for surfing on your mobile phone. Fans of mobile applications will also find a selection of the best apps here.
Add to all this of course the services which Mobistar customers are already familiar with, such as games, logos and ringtones.
The launch of this new portal has also led Mobistar to fundamentally rethink its mobile advertising strategy, with the selection of a new agency: the Belgian company Beweb.
The new portal can be discovered right now at m.mobistar.be or by sending “Welcome” to 8022 (free SMS).
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.