High Definition mobile has found its voice with Orange
* 100% of the Orange 3G/3G+ network is already compatible with High Definition Mobile voice (HD Voice) in France
* High Definition Voice adds a new dimension to voice calls
* Orange confirms its position as leader in High Definition Voice services with deployment in 7 countries
After having been the first operator to launch High Definition Voice in France in July 2010 on its 3G/3G+(1) network, Orange is today extending its range of HD Voice compatible mobiles. The existing Orange HD Voice range, which currently boasts the Nokia 5230 & E72 and the Sony-Ericsson Quiksilver & ElmTM, will be supplemented with the following HD voice-compatible mobiles: the Nokia N8 & E5, the Samsung Omnia 7 and B7350, the LG-A310 as well as the HTC Desire HD. Compatible mobiles can now be identified via the “HD Voice” logo in the Orange catalogue.
With 100% of its 3G/3G+ network HD Voice-compatible in mainland France, Orange full intends to bring HD Voice to the overwhelming majority, without any additional charge for customers.
share your emotions in High Definition Voice with Orange
Thanks to High Definition voice quality on the Orange 3G/3G+ voice network (between customers with compatible mobiles), Orange customers can enjoy optimal listening comfort, bringing them a feeling of closeness and a richer, more natural sound. With Mobile HD Voice, you can share your emotions more effectively and follow conversations more easily, even in whispered tones. HD Voice reduces background noise to provide a perfect solution for noisy environments.
a few figures*
- 96% of customers who have tested the services are satisfied with High Definition Voice calls,
- 86% of testers say that compatibility with HD voice would be a selection criterion when purchasing a mobile in the future,
- 76% of testers would be prepared to change mobiles to obtain High Definition Voice.
*Survey carried out in June 2010 by Orange with a panel of mobile users.
today Orange offers Mobile HD Voice in 7 countries
Following the world premiere launch of Mobile HD Voice in Moldova in September 2009, Orange won an award for innovation in High Definition voice at the Mobile World Congress in February 2010 (“best technological advance in mobile telephony” award).
Orange Mobile HD Voice is now available in 7 countries: Moldova, France, Armenia, the United Kingdom, Spain (Catalonia region), Belgium and Egypt (Cairo). From 2011, other countries such as Switzerland, Egypt (nationwide), Luxembourg and the Dominican Republic will join them.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.