Union Street Hosts 20th Annual Fantasy of Lights Holiday Celebration December 4th
On December 4, Union Street kicks off its annual Fantasy of Lights Holiday celebration, where young and old alike can enjoy festivities to begin the holiday season. Thousands of holiday lights set off the Victorian houses along the street, transforming Union Street into a magical backdrop for Santa and a team of elves to celebrate along with jugglers, live ponies dressed as reindeer, a monkey, face painters and balloon artists.
This highly anticipated Holiday Celebration brings a wealth of holiday-related entertainment to Cow Hollow, one of San Francisco’s most beautiful historic neighborhoods.
Throughout November and December, the stores lining Union Street will add festive holiday lights to their buildings and trees setting the stage for a magical season. The month-long celebration on Union Street also includes validated parking, store open houses, complete with refreshments and evening shopping. Most merchants will stay open until 9:00 PM Fridays and Saturdays in November and December.
Schedule of Events:
• Stop by the Metro Theater, 2055 Union St, and decorate a cupcake from 3:00-5:00! Courtesy of That Takes The Cake on Union Street.
• At 5:15 p.m. children are invited to meet at The Enchanted Crystal to join the Snow Queen in a sidewalk prance to the Metro Theater to bring toys to Santa Claus who will donate them to the San Francisco Firefighters Toy program.
• Santa will arrive in front of the Metro Theater, 2055 Union Street, at 5:30 where he will sit available for pictures until 7:00 PM.
• Donate toys for needy children through the SF Firefighters Toy Program. Collection barrels will be available on Union Street at the event and throughout the holiday.
• Entertainment on every block for shoppers to enjoy!
This is truly a holiday tradition that should not be missed.
2010 Event Supporters Include: Ambiance, Union Street Goldsmitth, Alice Radio, Jest Jewels, San Francisco Fire Fighters Toy Program, The Enchanted Crystal, Fredericksen Hardware, BCBG, and That Takes the Cake. The event is sponsored by the Union Street Association.
Participating merchants will offer validated parking. Parking facilities are located at 2001 Union Plaza Garage, 1910 Union Street Garage (Wells Fargo) and the Lombard Street Garage (enter on Moulton Alley at Webster). Subject to availability.
For all your public transportation options, visit www.511.org.
To request accommodations for persons with disabilities or if you have communication needs such as large print, braille or sign language interpreters, please call 1-800-310-6563 or fax us at 415-456-6436 at least three weeks prior to the event.
About The Union Street Association
The Union Street Association consists of a membership of over 100 local businesses led by an 11-member Board of Directors devoted to the promotion, preservation and beautification of Union Street. Volunteer block captains assist with general communication within the neighborhood while the paid services of the Executive Director and Beautification Coordinator handle day-to-day activities, projects and concerns.
Union Street-Always a Celebration. www.unionstreetsf.com
- Contact Information
- Sandra Evans
- PR Manager
- & Associates - Sandra Evans
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.