Morgan Stanley Smith Barney Webcast Explores What the Midterm Elections Mean for Investors
New York ---
Morgan Stanley Smith Barney announced today that a new webcast which takes a wide-ranging look at what the 2010 midterm elections may mean for investors, moderated by journalist and broadcaster Charlie Rose, is now available to the public on www.mssb.com.
Taped before a live audience of clients and Financial Advisors, the discussion led by Mr. Rose included:
* Jeff Applegate, Chief Investment Officer, Morgan Stanley Smith Barney
* Thomas Gallagher, Principle, Scowcraft Group
* Richard Berner, Chief U.S. Economist, Morgan Stanley
* Milton Ezrati, Partner, Senior Economist and Investment Strategist, Lord Abbett
The panelists explored the most likely post-election directions of economic and government policies, and responded to audience questions. Among the topics:
* Government gridlock - likely to mean one thing if the economy does fine, another thing entirely if there are more issues to be addressed?
* Housing - how continued imbalances may risk a drag on growth, and does the government have options to bring borrowers and lenders together to work down mortgage debt overhang?
* Implications of the rise of independent voters in search of solutions, not ideology.
* Emerging markets equities - what’s driving growth, and what are the implications for investors of being underweight in this asset class?
* U.S./Japan - are the perceived parallels between slow U.S. growth and decades-long economic stagnation in Japan accurate or misplaced?
* What are the trade-offs between quantitative easing and currency devaluation, higher near-term deficits to stimulate growth and efforts to reduce spending and entitlements to bring down the national debt.
The webcast is part of Morgan Stanley Smith Barney’s ongoing commitment to thoughtful discussion of critical global issues facing investors.
Morgan Stanley Smith Barney, a global leader in wealth management, provides access to a wide range of products and services to individuals, businesses and institutions, including brokerage and investment advisory services, financial and wealth planning, credit and lending, cash management, annuities and insurance, retirement and trust services. For further information about
Morgan Stanley Smith Barney, please visit www.morganstanleysmithbarney.com.
Morgan Stanley (NYSE: MS) is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm’s employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments, institutions and individuals from more than 1,300 offices in 42 countries. For further information about Morgan Stanley, please visit www.morganstanley.com.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.