Sacramento Interior Design - What Exactly Does “Redesign“ Mean?
Just what is “redesign”?
Think of it as a room “make-over”, transforming a space, using many of the beautiful things you already own. You don’t need tons of money, the newest furnishings or the latest designer-endorsed pieces. Your home décor should reflect your personality and be the sanctuary you enjoy sharing with others. Refreshing what you already own, your space can be beautiful, functional and reflect the needs of your lifestyle.
While using what you already own is a good thing, this could also be the perfect time to bid farewell to furnishings that are a.) worn, b.) don’t fit in your space, c.) make you cringe, every time you look at them. And don’t forget, excess clutter that accumulates over the years, is never pretty.
Depending on your budget, you may want to consider a new wall color, a new furniture piece or accessories to add warmth, or a splash of color to a space. Either way, redesign services can reignite a “love affair” with the place you live or work, in as little as a few hours.
5-Step Redesign Process:
1. Consultation: Preview your space, discuss design goals and budget. If you’re one who prefers to go-it-alone, the consultation can be used to create a to-do list or to bounce your design ideas off of someone with lots of experience in creating beautiful rooms.
2. Edit: Once your design goals are determined, it is then decided what “stuff” needs to go. Often, after years of accumulation, this is an important step in the redesign process.
3. Assess: Based upon your budget and desires, wall colors are considered, flooring, light fixtures, in case any updates need to be made.
4. Rearrange: Ideally, all artwork will be removed and accessories from a space, assess furniture placement and then replace the art and accessories that work in the room. Can something in this room work better in another room? Can a piece of furniture or art in another room, work better in this room? Let’s find out!
5. Replace: Time to stand back and see if anything’s missing, before the make-over’s complete. Are new throw pillows needed to add some color? How about an accent rug or lamp? Little things can have a big impact.
- Contact Information
- Barbara Bussey
- Owner/Interior Decorator
- Transitions Home Design
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.