Arbor Books: 6 Skills Needed to Get a Job as a Ghostwriter
(New York, NY)—Arbor Books, Inc. has prepared a list of must-have skills for any writer seeking a job as a ghostwriter.
“At many of our seminars, people ask what makes a good ghostwriter,” says Joel Hochman of Arbor Books, which is one of the world’s leading international ghostwriting firms. “They want to know what skills they need get a ghostwriting job.”
Here are his suggestions:
1) Writing chops. Let’s face it: You need to be able to write well. That means absolutely no plagiarism—no copying from the Internet or anywhere else.
2) Proofreading and editing talent. You are expected to do your own editing and proofreading as a ghostwriter, which means having good commands of spelling and grammar, as well as a keen eye for both. If you believe your work will be cleaned up by someone else, then start looking for another job.
3) Interviewing ability. If you can’t conduct a decent interview with a client, you will not make it as a ghostwriter. People skills are paramount to get a job in this business.
4) Being deadline-oriented. All good things must come to an end, and you have to get the job done on time. That might mean turning out 15,000 words a week once the initial outlines and interviews are finished.
5) Project management. You must grasp the job in the macro sense and then make certain it moves along. You must give great customer service and keep your clients happy and interested, which means being receptive to their ideas and delivering what they want.
6) Internet-research savvy. The ability to search the Internet for facts and ideas will make you a better ghostwriter. Getting the research done quickly and effectively will be paramount to your job success.
For more information about writing, publishing and book marketing services, please feel free to visit Arbor Books, Inc. at www.arborbooks.com or call 1-800-877-2500.
- Contact Information
- Olga Vladi
- Marketing Director
- Arbor Books, Inc. (ABI)
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.