iPhone 4 Release Generates Surge in iPhone 3 Recycling
Mobile phone recycling websites have seen a surge in the number of customers hoping to exchange their phones for cash, following the release of the iPhone 4, not to mention the more than 300% rise in sales of Android phones running Google’s mobile operating system since the beginning of 2010 – smartphones like the HTC Desire, Legend and the Samsung Galaxy.
Donna Clarke, of newly launched mobile phone recycling price comparison website www.Flogafone.com, explains: "The release of these leading edge smartphones has prompted droves of mobile phone customers to upgrade their phones.
"The iPhone 4 is a particularly good example as its release prompted owners of thousands of perfectly operational phones to upgrade from iPhone 3s. These iPhones may now just be sitting in drawers up and down the country when they could be earning their owners money.
“According to www.Flogafone.com, iPhone 3 owners could exchange their old mobiles for as much as Ł190. It certainly beats leaving it in the drawer!”
Recycling your old mobile isn’t just great for your wallet, it’s also good for the environment and your social conscience.
Mobile phone recycling not only cuts down the amount of waste being dumped into UK landfill sites; if it’s in good enough condition, your old iPhone will be cleaned up, repaired and sent to mobile phone distributors in developing countries in Africa, Asia and South America.
If it’s past repair, 90% of your phone’s components will be recycled, leaving just 10% to be disposed of as rubbish.
“Experts estimate there are around 90 million phones in people’s drawers and cupboards throughout the UK, and that figure looks set to rise as mobile phone users upgrade to smarthphones” continues Donna Clarke.
"Recycling them is good for our customers, good for the environment, and it ensures that thousands of working mobile phones that would otherwise be discarded are put to good use.
“So if you’ve just invested in a brand new iPhone 4, and are unsure of what to do with your old iPhone 3, visit Flogafone and find out exactly how much money you could get for your old mobile.”
For more information about Flogafone, and to compare prices for a huge range of mobile phones at some of the UK’s biggest mobile phone recycling websites, visit www.Flogafone.com.
- Contact Information
- Donna Clarke
- Phone Compare Ltd.
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.