Fujifilm Exhibits Direct Laser Engraving (DLE) Flexo CTP System For First Time In United States At Label Expo Americas 2010
Valhalla, NY, September 08, 2010 - FUJIFILM North America Corporation today announced that the FUJIFILM Direct Laser Engraving (DLE) Flexo CTP System will be exhibited for the first time in the United States at booth #1241, Hall A at LABEL EXPO Americas 2010. The addition of this revolutionary new solution for flexographic print applications will help printers increase productivity and deliver the high-quality output Fujifilm is known for.
Thanks to its unique plate and imaging technology, the FUJIFILM DLE Flexo CTP System eliminates the need for costly UV exposure and development equipment and offers the following features:
• Easy and simple process - Eliminates the multiple processing steps (UV exposure, solvent or thermal processing, drying) that are characteristic of current equipment available on today’s market.
• High-quality output - Unique polymer plates achieve sharp and fine image reproduction.
• High productivity - An efficient thermal decomposition reaction in the exposed area of the plate plus multi-channel imaging technology increases productivity.
• Low cost of ownership - Day-to-day operating costs are lower than current systems: reduced energy consumption, reduced ancillary supply needs, long laser life and no need to landfill wicking material or recycle solvents.
• Eco-friendly - The FUJIFILM DLE Flexo CTP System is a 100% VOC-free plate-making system. Without the use of solvents and no required plate drying, energy consumption and green house gas emissions are reduced, offering a solution that is less harmful to the environment.
Fujifilm’s new DLE plate and multi-channel CTP setter will be available to U.S. customers in May 2011. Fujifilm’s Graphic Systems Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of flexographic printing solutions including MacDermid Photopolymer plates, Fuji matte films, LAM CTP and proofing solutions as well as Sericol UV inks. To learn more about Fujifilm’s flexo printing equipment, go to www.fujifilmgs.com. To learn more about Fujifilm’s flexo ink solutions, go to www.fujifilmsericol.com.
FUJIFILM North America Corporation, a marketing subsidiary of FUJIFILM Corporation, consists of four operating divisions and two subsidiary companies. The Imaging Division sells consumer and commercial photographic products and services including film, one-time-use cameras, online photo services and fulfillment, digital printing equipment and service. The Electronic Imaging Division markets consumer digital cameras. The Motion Picture Division provides motion picture film and the Graphic Systems Division supplies products and services to the printing industry. FUJIFILM Optical Devices U.S.A., Inc. is a provider of binoculars, and optical lenses for the closed circuit television, videography, cinematography, broadcast, and industrial markets. FUJIFILM Canada Inc. markets a range of Fujifilm products and services. For more information, please visit www.fujifilm.com/northamerica, or go to www.twitter.com/fujifilmus to follow Fujifilm on Twitter. To receive news and information direct from Fujifilm via RSS, subscribe at www.fujifilmusa.com/rss.
FUJIFILM Holdings Corporation, Tokyo, Japan, brings continuous innovation and leading-edge products to a broad spectrum of industries, including electronic imaging, digital printing equipment, medical systems, life sciences, graphic arts, flat panel display materials, and office products, based on a vast portfolio of digital, optical, fine chemical and thin film coating technologies. The company was among the top 20 companies around the world granted U.S. patents in 2009, and in the year ended March 31, 2010, had global revenues of $23.5 billion*. Fujifilm is committed to environmental stewardship and good corporate citizenship. For more information, please visit www.fujifilmholdings.com.
* At an exchange rate of 93 yen to the dollar.
All product and company names herein may be trademarks of their registered owners.
- Contact Information
- Lauren Restuccia
- Manager, Corporate Communications
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.