Ben puts in ‘peak’ performance
Local motor trade Sales Executive Ben Andrews has reached for the sky this summer with a strenuous fundraising effort on behalf of Cancer Research UK.
24 year old Ben, who works at the ACF Car Finance dealership in Birmingham, has successfully completed The National Three Peaks Challenge, scaling the three highest mountains in Britain - Ben Nevis, Scafell Pike and Snowdon - in under 24 hours, so far raising nearly £1,500 for charity.
A gruelling training regime including jogging, hiking and gym sessions prepared Ben and his team of four friends as far as possible for the challenge. However, nothing could be done about the heavy traffic in Wales, which delayed them so much they had to sprint down Snowdon with Ben dashing past the finish line after 23 hours and 58 minutes – completing the 24 hour challenge with just two minutes to spare.
Ben, who lives in Moseley, had never done anything like this before and says it took him a week to recover. However, that has not deterred him from planning his next fundraising efforts – the Yorkshire Three Peaks Challenge and the Welsh 3000s – later this year. He says:
“I was hobbling for about a week after completing the Three Peaks Challenge – it was a very intense experience. I’ve had great sponsorship support from my colleagues at ACF Car Finance and I’m now enjoying planning my next fundraising adventure!”
John Parks, Ben’s Dealer Principal at ACF Car Finance, says:
“We are full of admiration for Ben and his friends’ efforts and we’re delighted to sponsor his Three Peaks Challenge, with ACF Car Finance committing £100 to add to his total. We are now eagerly anticipating details of his next fundraising venture.”
Notes to Editors:
• Each ACF Car Finance dealership stocks pre-owned cars in a wide range of popular makes and models with something to suit every taste and budget, with Car loans starting from as little as £25 per week.
• Every car offered for sale is subject to a pre-delivery 136 point vehicle quality inspection and independent MOT.
• Customers can apply for Car Credit conveniently online via a short application form or by telephone.
• ACF Car Finance is fully SAF Approved, meaning customers can rest assured that they will receive reliable service from fully trained staff across all levels of the business.
• ACF Car Finance is an Independent Garages Association (IGA) member of the Retail Motor Industry Federation (RMIF). The company also supports automotive industry charity, BEN.
- Contact Information
- Emma Bithell
- PR Executive
- DeWinter PR
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.